Is Method Acting Difficult?

I think it I admirable how an actor can prepare so much and almost become the role, even staying in character when not filming. But it can't be good on health, Daniel Day Lewis famously takes a break of a while between films, even yeare, I think it is to escape from a role. I mean when he played Bill The... show more I think it I admirable how an actor can prepare so much and almost become the role, even staying in character when not filming.

But it can't be good on health, Daniel Day Lewis famously takes a break of a while between films, even yeare, I think it is to escape from a role.

I mean when he played Bill The Butcher in Gangs Of New York (2002), he stayed out in the freezing cold set for so long he nearly got pneumonia.

I actually think it is why he is retiring as it takes so long for him to leave a role because his dedication to the role is amazing.

I mean I think that is what happened to Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight (2008), he couldn't escape the role of The Joker.

Anthony Hopkins also said after Silence Of The Lambs (1991), Hannibal Lectern got into his head, he couldn't escape the character for a long time, which is why he was hesitant to reprise the role for sequel Hannibal (2001)

Is method acting difficult?