Is it weird to put an adult bridesmaid into a junior bridesmaid dress?

One of my bridesmaids is very small, she’s just under 4ft11, and she’s rather slim. I’m having problems finding a dress for her that won’t cost an arm and a leg in alterations. Due to her side, she often purchases clothes from the children’s section because they fit her better than having to get clothes altered or... show more One of my bridesmaids is very small, she’s just under 4ft11, and she’s rather slim. I’m having problems finding a dress for her that won’t cost an arm and a leg in alterations. Due to her side, she often purchases clothes from the children’s section because they fit her better than having to get clothes altered or made. She often makes her own dresses for formal events (she made her own wedding dress), but I’d like my bridesmaids to all be matching and I can’t ask her to make four dresses (obviously I would have paid her) for my wedding as I don’t she doesn’t have the time with her kids to look after. I’ve seen a few dresses I like and they do the exact same dress in a junior size. She’s already said she’s ok with wearing a dress meant for a child. But I’m worried it would be weird. My other bridesmaids have already made snide remarks about her wearing children’s clothes, which I told them off for because they don’t know why she’s so small. She just ignores it.
Update: I forgot to mention, the dresses are coming out of the wedding budget, no one in the wedding party has to pay for their outfit. That tends to be how it’s done in the uk, not sure about anywhere else.