What drives people away from Christianity?

146 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

"He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables

so that, "'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'" Mark 4:11-12

God chooses his followers contrary to popular belief. Of course we all have free will, but God knows who will chose him and who will not, so in a way he has already chosen his followers by giving certain individuals a heart for the word and God.

• Nevermind
      Lv 4
      2 years agoReport

So true, you are right about that!

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

The torture and burning of millions of innocent people, including babies and children in the Autos da Fe and by the Inquisition and so on. Also the calling of sexuality dirty and filthy and discouraging people from enjoying their lives.

• Zhu
      Lv 6
      2 years agoReport

Although atheist massacres and murders in the 20th century make me doubtful that atheists with power are better.

• 2 years ago

A big thing is that the hypothesis of evolution is a huge scam yet taught as fact in schools. Another thing is that no Protestant Minister knows the truth about God or the Bible yet either think they do or lie about it. This is also true for many Catholic Priests. Pleae see my comments to, SBR32277

• Lv 5
      2 years agoReport

Ur uneducated ignorance is offensive. Pls have no children.

• 2 years ago

other people

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 years ago

People are beginning to understand that they are being lied to, and also they are learning that it is all lone huge lie with hundreds of thousands of con men and women lying and asking fools to send them money. They are also noticing that preachers and priests are nothing but liars also.

• ...Show all comments
    • 2 years agoReport

All of those people with the characteristics that you have described, belong to the "Empire of False Teachers", and/or they are lost and will one day see the error of their ways and repent.

• 2 years ago

Hypocrosy from their religious leaders causes a falling away. In the book of 2Timothy chapter 3 verse 5, this is what the Bible says describing these men. 5) having a FORM of Godly devotion but proving false to it's power, and from these, turn away."

• ...Show all comments
    • Nevermind
      Lv 4
      2 years agoReport

Matthew 7: 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

(God knows who are really his)

• 2 years ago

Christendom's clergy drives people away! When something bad happens their clergyman says they didn't pray enough or they didn't give enough to the church! This is an old standard when someone you love dies, God wanted them in heaven! I have a friend that their son was killed on a oil pumping platform, he just turned 21 ans engaged to be married! Due to someone welding something poorly it came undone and hit him in the head and killed him instantly. Being 21 and not married no recourse could be had, I found out that that happens all the time but the kicker is the family was told God took him! My brother in law use to be a Catholic, him and my sister had a premature daughter that lived for two weeks, at the grave site the priest said for 50 bucks he could pray his daughter out of purgatory.

People are getting tired of these false teachers (2 Timothy 4:3, 4) For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled. 4 They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.

In truth time and unseen circumstances befall us all, most so called Christian churches teach pagan beliefs as Christian ones, hell fire, immoral soul, purgatory, idol and creature worship to name a few! The Bible said there would be false teachers and it's because Satan is the cause (2 Corinthians 4:3, 4) If, in fact, the good news we declare is veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, 4 among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.

When you look at what the Bible really says you will find out this (1 John 5:19) We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.

There's a preaching work going on right now (Matthew 24:14) And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Notice it says "good news" not what the false clergymen tell their congregations that the door to door preaching is preaching gloom and doom, it's good news because it's a message about being set free from being blinded by Satan as to what is truth and what is false!

Right now there's talk of peace and security in the news, this is nothing new to those that know what the Bible really teaches! (1 Thessalonians 5:2, 3) For you yourselves know very well that Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night. 3 Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them, just like birth pains on a pregnant woman, and they will by no means escape.

"What Does the Bible Really Teach?" is a free download at jw.org

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

The JW publication that purports to explain what the Book of Daniel "really says" takes about 329 pages of nonsense to SUBSTITUTE the 17 page Book of Daniel in my Bible. I'll stick with Daniel's own words, and the Spirit of Truth to guide my reading. JW.org don't even know who Jesus is.

• 2 years ago

most never were christians in earnest but attended because the mother or father forced them as children

others were there because spouse required it of them

I am guessing 60% of people in church or more every meeting are at best deist ,, more like agnostics and some atheist

and then many so called believers doubt faith but fear being not part of the group

thus rebelling against their parents upon adulthood is a major problem,,, those are the not atheist but anti-christians

I would declare college the worst place to send a child if you want them to remain christian even christian colleges are full of anarchism and anti-christians staff and students

• 2 years ago

Dogmatism, intolerance of alternative religions, making people feel guilty, phony morality, and many more issues.

• 2 years ago

Ignorance, misunderstanding, and fundy extremism.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.