Can someone help me name this bug?

Last night I saw the strangest bug. In all 26 years of my life, I have never seen anything like it. I saw it in my front yard at around 11pm. It started off as a white flicker, and it moved very strangely. I thought it might have been a firefly, but fireflies are more yellow balls of light that appear round in... show more Last night I saw the strangest bug. In all 26 years of my life, I have never seen anything like it. I saw it in my front yard at around 11pm. It started off as a white flicker, and it moved very strangely.

I thought it might have been a firefly, but fireflies are more yellow balls of light that appear round in shape while this one moved in a more linear line and it was a pure white light that moved in different zigzag motions.

I've been looking for this bug everywhere online but could not find it, but does anyone else know what it might have been?
Update: Lol umm not sure what you mean by your answer but I do have a garden in my front yard. I have many flowers and trees planted. Is this type of bug drawn to gardens?