Can you put a higher amp fuse into an extension lead socket to use a washing machine or other high powered machines?

Or maybe the fuse should go in the plug of the machine. But the socket of my lead has started to melt. I know you should never use a washing machine with an extension lead but otherwise it means traveling to the Letting Agent to but electricity cards only they have and anyway I can't stand them and I want as... show more Or maybe the fuse should go in the plug of the machine. But the socket of my lead has started to melt. I know you should never use a washing machine with an extension lead but otherwise it means traveling to the Letting Agent to but electricity cards only they have and anyway I can't stand them and I want as little to do with them as possible. my previous cable seemed to work fine had to change it, potential trip hazard. know any types of extension leads that will work? Everyone uses extension leads for the same reasons but there's no real communication amongst tenants just pleasant hellos.