Recording using a camera and plug in mic, but no sound comes out when I play it back?

I bought a camera (Canon Vixia HF R700) along with a mic that plugs into the mic hole on the side of the camera. Just now, though, I was doing a test run and no audio came out when I tried to play it back on the camera. So, I put the sd card from the camera into the computer to see if it would there and it still... show more I bought a camera (Canon Vixia HF R700) along with a mic that plugs into the mic hole on the side of the camera. Just now, though, I was doing a test run and no audio came out when I tried to play it back on the camera. So, I put the sd card from the camera into the computer to see if it would there and it still won't. This happened with another plug in mic that I bought too. I have it plugged into the right spot and have looked online for a solution but everyone's talking about using a mic with your webcam and not a different camera alogether. Help?