Have a boss whose personality is annoying me. Do you agree with me with this advice I received?

I have a boss in my job and take orders from whose personality gets on my nerve. He's the kind of guy who likes to curse a lot in his sentences whether he's in a conversation or joking around. He's never really said anything bad to me but he curses almost every time he converses with me and I'm like... show more I have a boss in my job and take orders from whose personality gets on my nerve. He's the kind of guy who likes to curse a lot in his sentences whether he's in a conversation or joking around. He's never really said anything bad to me but he curses almost every time he converses with me and I'm like "Uhh.. is that really necessary?" as I don't curse a lot. He says the F word constantly and Mother******. So yeah, if I have to describe him, he's like a kinda old (He looks late 50s) asshole-ish possible White Trump supporter kind of guy. I asked my mother about this and she says to just ignore him and still be nice to him cause she thinks the guy will get mad. Do you agree with this advice? Would it be the same kind of advice you like to receive?
Update: If you were me?
Update 2: Actually, i meant to put ignore his personality, and not him as a person.