Why do Christians want so desperately to disregard the Old Testament?

Every time you point to something immoral in the Bible, more specifically the Old Testament, Christians want to simply disregard it. "Oh but that is in the Old Testament, that has nothing to do with us Christians!" Show me a single verse that says that Christians get to disregard Old Testament law. In... show more Every time you point to something immoral in the Bible, more specifically the Old Testament, Christians want to simply disregard it.

"Oh but that is in the Old Testament, that has nothing to do with us Christians!"

Show me a single verse that says that Christians get to disregard Old Testament law. In fact Jesus himself says numerous times that the law still applies and that he has not come to change it.

Besides, did god suddenly change his mind? Decide that he has had enough of being a cruel, genocidal sky dictator and decided to be a nice god for a bit?