Is it possible to build a city-size roof to completely canopy an entire city from sunlight?

I'm an engineering student living in Southern Philippines near the Equator and I need to be active at the university for my future life. Daytime Sunlight makes me sleepy and less active. It also makes me a little lazy to go out as it is always hot whenever the sun shows up in the sky. Is it possible to build... show more I'm an engineering student living in Southern Philippines near the Equator and I need to be active at the university for my future life.

Daytime Sunlight makes me sleepy and less active. It also makes me a little lazy to go out as it is always hot whenever the sun shows up in the sky.

Is it possible to build a metallic, opaque sphereical-shaped roof/dome and dozens of miles in diameter to completely cover an entire city from sunlight??