Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 year ago

What type of beverages/liquid meal are high calories but still healthy for every breakfast?

Because it take me hours before I feel hungry when waking up (seems to be a high metabolism because I get easily full for several hours), I'm trying to find other thing to satisfy the needs, as my BMI is barely 19, have a sedative (no exercise) lifestyle and I lose weight easier gaining it so I'm always at a risk becoming underweight.

I do eat a lot of eggs (omelettes, fried, pancakes) and "plant" food like vegetables, fruits and mushrooms, but I find those hard to eat in the morning and I don't think just water, milk, juice etc has enough calories to get a total calories-per-day (though I don't count them).

Usually I go for protein drinks, but people often complain that it is not healthy *enough*, so any Ideas?

Asking for recipes/cooking, not a diet. I'm a bit anti against that as I find it hard to go for a daily routine.

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Full-fat yogurt -- rich, creamy, easy to digest.

Boost, Ensure or some similar enrichment drink. Chocolate Boost tastes pretty good.

• 1 year ago

go back to the good old days and leave one ladle full of rolled oats to soak in water overnight. in the morning either cook in micro on medium high for 3 minutes or simply add nuts, seeds, and/or fruit to the raw, like meusli. plenty of scope to ring the changes, oats help to keep cholesterol levels down and provide slow gi.

• denise
    1 year ago

Fruit / veg smoothies with added greek yogurt / creme fraiche to heighten the calories.

Oatmeal topped with sliced banana, greek yogurt, maple syrup.

• 1 year ago

ensures taste like death, but magic cups are delicious! they taste like frosting! my fav is vanilla magic cup + golden grahams cereal :)

1 year ago

If you live in GB, use Complan, Ensure, Fortisip, or other similar food supplements, available from any chemist. If you live outside GB, similar products are should be available elsewhere. If you cannot get these, just drink plenty of milky drinks.

• Janet
    1 year ago

The word is "sedentary" (not active) ... "sedative" refers to any drug that relaxes a person.

Drink a protein shake. Or "Ensure" prepared liquids. Or Carnation Instant Breakfast in whole milk.

1 year ago

Meet meat. I'm cooking two hens and am going to serve them (all to myself) with 5 hash browns. If I'm still hungry, there's an avocado and I can throw on a few eggs real quick while I sip my dessert vodka.

There are things like ovaltine and carnation breakfast, but I think you need to find big hunks of meat in your life. When I hear complaints like yours I hear the same diet as yours, you eat what food eats. Once the cow eats plant material, I kill it and it eat it's whole body. Then I take a dump and fertilize plants.

• 1 year ago

if you are that underweight, don't worry about healthy. Most all liquid meals are designed to add calories. Period. they do have nutrients. Read the labels.

Boost is a good one and so are Carnation instant breakfasts. FYI so are those "diet" ones like Nutrisystem. Those are roughly 300 calories a can and full of all sorts of vitamins and minerals.

What you can do in general is use only whole milk, whole milk yogurt, butter on your bread, full fat mayo on sandwiches, NO diet soda, etc. Take the multivitam if you are concerned though.

Have you considered talking to a dietitician? they can also give you some good tips.

• 1 year ago

Why not take packages of nuts and dried fruit with you and freeze a yogurt the night before. That will thaw gradually and you can eat that either half frozen or when it is fully thawed. In an insulated bag that might ake a few hours and in the mean time you will have your "GORP" (Good Old Raisins and Peanuts) but make it with better things than raisins and peanuts. Use dried apples, cranberries, pears, apricots and use almonds, walnuts, pecans. You can look for unsweetened dried fruits if you want the mix less sweet. Toast the nuts before you bag the mix up, the nuts will taste better. About 30 seconds to a minute in the microwave will toast a hand full of nuts nicely.

1 year ago

Budweiser