Poll: what excuse can I make to my employer?

I have an doctors appointment tomorrow that I really don’t want to reschedule for. I also have to work at the same time as I have my appointment. A day or two ago I told them I had a doctors appointment so I can’t use that excuse again (I used that excuse to get out of something). Should I tell them I’m going to... show more I have an doctors appointment tomorrow that I really don’t want to reschedule for. I also have to work at the same time as I have my appointment. A day or two ago I told them I had a doctors appointment so I can’t use that excuse again (I used that excuse to get out of something).

Should I tell them I’m going to be late because my car broke down or because I overslept? They weren’t really happy when I used the doctors appointment excuse a few days ago. What’s a better excuse