I live in London, I have a full-time job, but I'm still homeless because state agents refuse me. Is this discrimination against the law?

They refuse me because they say I have to earn at least three times over the value of the rent. The rents are usually £500 plus per month for a small room in a dirty shared house. The good rooms in good shared houses are around £700 plus per month. I earn just bellow £1,300 per month. Homeless charities and the... show more They refuse me because they say I have to earn at least three times over the value of the rent. The rents are usually £500 plus per month for a small room in a dirty shared house. The good rooms in good shared houses are around £700 plus per month. I earn just bellow £1,300 per month. Homeless charities and the council say if they are eventually able to help me, the help will take years, because I am not "priority".
Is it possible to make it look like I earn 3 times over the rent amount when trying to rent a bedroom in a shared house?
I am very very very very desperate. I will do anything. I don't want to end up losing my job because I have nowhere to shower and keep my work clothes clean.
Update: I honestly don't know why so many negative answers and why some arrogant answers such as PAMELA. I guess that is what you call a troll. I am glad I also use other internet forums with less internet trolls.
Update 2: I am honestly shocked. I AM HOMELESS, DO YOU WANT ME TO END UP JOBLESS AS WELL BY MOVING AWAY? Do you honestly think that if I make myself intentionally jobless I will get help with the rent in a city or town far away from here while I look for work? NO! I will have my money sanctioned and I will be HOMELESS PLUS... show more I am honestly shocked. I AM HOMELESS, DO YOU WANT ME TO END UP JOBLESS AS WELL BY MOVING AWAY? Do you honestly think that if I make myself intentionally jobless I will get help with the rent in a city or town far away from here while I look for work? NO! I will have my money sanctioned and I will be HOMELESS PLUS JOBLESS.
Update 3: I DO eceive the national minimum wage, I mainly work 6 hours a day, but sometimes I work more, this is why I receive just a bit less than £1,300.
Update 4: AND STILL I AM SEEN AS UNABLE TO RENT a room in a shared house. This should be illegal because this IS WRONG. Shared houses/flats should accept people who work full-time and receive the national minimum wage.
Update 5: From December my hours are increasing to 60 hours a week, when it does it will become clear that I am homeless because there are many nights per month that I have to sleep in a tent.
Update 6: I can't wait till December to be able to rent a room, I need a room NOW.
Update 7: There is a very good room for £875 per month near where I work, all bills, wifi and cleaning included, but again they want me to earn 3 times that amount.
Update 8: So, in the agency's eyes, I cannot even afford to rent that room, even when I start working 12 hours a day 5 days a week receiving £8 per hour. How come this expectation from renters is legal? This clearly is beyond wrong!
Update 9: I am desperate and my own safety should always come before the law. Survival always come before anything. It's in our DNA make up.
Update 10: In 7 days time I will give updates of my decision with the outcome. If things go right the opinion of the majority of the people here are just plain disgusting, which shows why the law sometimes is just plain disgusting.
Update 11: @Who --> most of the money is being saved so that I can afford the deposit plus rent upfront when I get a room. Sometimes I treat myself to spend a night in a B&B, but sometimes I over do it, it's too nice to have a bed to sleep on after working all day.
Update 12: I am DISGUSTED with most of the answers here. It's like people don't want to see others succeed in life. I already applied today first thing in the morning for the £875 per month bedroom near my work place in central London, if this goes right I will not even need to use public transport. they are ringing... show more I am DISGUSTED with most of the answers here. It's like people don't want to see others succeed in life. I already applied today first thing in the morning for the £875 per month bedroom near my work place in central London, if this goes right I will not even need to use public transport. they are ringing my workplace and the place I previously rented for references, but hey will not do a credit check, they only needed my passport, payslips and bank statements of the previous 3 months.
Update 13: Income three times higher than the rent, as usual, is a requirement.... And that is actually legal. I researched well about this online, had no sleep. It is also true what they say online, that privacy laws prevent employers to disclose the real salary to landlords and state agents.
Update 14: They took a photocopy of my real passport, my fake payslips and my fake bank statements. I researched long enough to understand that they will not investigate the payslips and bank statements unless someone goes there and tell them.
Update 15: I will know if all went right and if they will accept me by the end of today after their phone calls, if all goes right I am getting my keys and tenancy agreement tomorrow morning as I asked them to let me move in fast as I am desperate.
Update 16: @Grandpa --> After paying the rent I am left with £425, and this is not counting the extra hours I will be given from December onward. This amount is way above the average amount a single person in Britain should spend on themselves per month on their basic needs. This is why the little rule state agents use... show more @Grandpa --> After paying the rent I am left with £425, and this is not counting the extra hours I will be given from December onward. This amount is way above the average amount a single person in Britain should spend on themselves per month on their basic needs. This is why the little rule state agents use doesn't make sense. This is evidence that they are not educated enough on this matter to be able to make rules. It's scary that ignorant people like them are allowed to vote, including you.
Update 17: It makes sense what I am saying. The money I am left with after paying my rent which has all bills included, I am able to afford per month: £250 on food, £135 on clothing, £25 on phone credit, £20 on toiletries, £10 on other cleaning products, £10 to go towards savings. I wont need to even use the bus because, if... show more It makes sense what I am saying. The money I am left with after paying my rent which has all bills included, I am able to afford per month: £250 on food, £135 on clothing, £25 on phone credit, £20 on toiletries, £10 on other cleaning products, £10 to go towards savings. I wont need to even use the bus because, if all goes right and I move in, my room is 10 minutes walk distance from where I work..
Update 18: Well, look who just got given keys to a new room so close to work that buses or any other transport will not be needed for travel. 13/11/2018.... Feels like Christmas came for me.
Update 19: I am thankful you people cannot tell my state agent about my fake payslips and fake bank statements