Wedding Help, please!!?

I am in the process of picking a maid of honor. I have 3 close friends that I cherish very much; however, I am having a difficult time choosing a maid of honor. I know that title has a lot of responsibilities and must be available most of the time. So I am having trouble choosing between two ladies. Any suggestions... show more I am in the process of picking a maid of honor. I have 3 close friends that I cherish very much; however, I am having a difficult time choosing a maid of honor. I know that title has a lot of responsibilities and must be available most of the time. So I am having trouble choosing between two ladies. Any suggestions on who I should choose would be amazing!

Girl (1): best friend since middle school, a lot of memories, been through a lot together, we dont talk ALL the time but we still keep in touch (we are just both very busy). However, shy and quiet (even around my family), still in college (she is taking summer and fall classes this year and I get married in October), I think she is a good planner but, again, she is shy.

Girl (2): met in undergrad (junior year but got close during grad school - 3 years ago), we have a lot in common (career and goal wise and some interests), have done a lot together, very outgoing, great planner, etc.

I want to choose girl (1) because of the fact that we have been friends since middle school and I feel guilty choosing someone else, however, I am also very close to girl (2) - she is so amazing and wonderful and is really getting involved in the wedding process. Any suggestions or thoughts on who I should choose would be helpful!!