16 and engaged?

hello ! Before you say “THIS IS A PHASE YOU ARE IN HIGHSCHOOL THEREFORE CAN NOT MAKE A LOGICAL CHOICE” I want to give you an explanation on why I’m 16 and engaged . I finished highschool early at 14 and I’ve been studying and now I have a diploma in real estate and work in a real estate firm . I work 50 hours a... show more hello ! Before you say “THIS IS A PHASE YOU ARE IN HIGHSCHOOL THEREFORE CAN NOT MAKE A LOGICAL CHOICE” I want to give you an explanation on why I’m 16 and engaged . I finished highschool early at 14 and I’ve been studying and now I have a diploma in real estate and work in a real estate firm . I work 50 hours a week full time , I help my mother out with rent otherwise I’d be signing a lease right now . So I’m not in a highschool sweetheart phase - I am a now functioning human. Nor am I just saying yes for a wedding (we probably won’t even have one and just get photos taken and eat somewhere nice together ) My boyfriend proposed , and I said yes . He is also not in highschool and is in college doing engineering. I don’t know how to tell my family that I’m engaged , i was verbally and sometimes physically abused and I just don’t want a bad reaction. I don’t want people to be in shock or say I’m too young , it’s quite confronting and I just don’t want to disappoint / displease anyone with my decision.

How do you think I can avoid a bad reaction?
41 answers 41