I've never been to a dentist but now I think I need my wisdom teeth out?

I'm 19 and my mom just never really took me to the dentist as a child. Anytime I ever asked she just said she couldn't find one that accepted her insurance. For well over a year now Ive started having pain on both sides of the top of my mouth where my wisdom teeth are and I told my mom about this and she... show more I'm 19 and my mom just never really took me to the dentist as a child. Anytime I ever asked she just said she couldn't find one that accepted her insurance. For well over a year now Ive started having pain on both sides of the top of my mouth where my wisdom teeth are and I told my mom about this and she said she would look into it. But it has been over a year and it is very painful and one is starting to come in. I don't know how insurance works but I'm at the point where I want to literally just walk into a dentist office and not care how much it will cost me because it hurts so much. I use to have my insurance card but my mom switched insurance so I don't have my new one yet and I don't even know which insurance I have. My mom keeps saying she will take care of it when I ask her about our health insurance and express wanting to see a dentist and even saying I'll find a dentist and make the appointment myself. I have no idea why she doesn't want me to see a dentist but its frustrating. I don't know how insurance works but I just want to see a dentist.