Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 8 months ago

Do you find it cruel and unfair how men need to pay for child support after he is divorced from his wife?

And if he doesn't have enough money to pay her then he goes to prison.

Why is the law like that? I don't understand.

Update:

So many triggered people.

42 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

There is something very elementary that you fail to realize.

Child support is for THE CHILDREN, not the ex wife. That is what alimony is for.

If you were a female and had, say, a 9 year old child to raise, wouldn't it be fair for the father of that child to financially help pay for the child's food, clothing, shelter, utilities and roof over their head?? THAT is what child support is for. You are so silly.

• 8 months ago

Do you not find it cruel and unfair that a man should be allowed to just leave a child to the mother? Why should she have to take 100% responsibility. It was 50/50 creating the child, so it is 50/50 taking care of them too.

• 8 months ago

child custody should be with the parent most capable of 100% support of the child's needs

but many government employees jobs depend on the child being with a mother who cannot earn a living so she gets welfare and the father gets all the blame

YOU NEED TO STOP THE SELF PITY there is no answer they will bleed You dry and you must deal with it

get a vasectomy so this cannot get worse.... never trust a women as far as birth control or money

pOOP happens deal with it

• ron h
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

When you say "...government employees..." that's kind of a conspiracy theory, right?

• Tara
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

The child needs financial support from both parents - - however !!! - the system needs re-doing with child support fees … the good guy who is middle class (for example) is ruined by child support most of the time -- he often cannot afford a vehicle note to even get to work - nor decent housing due to child support which could send him to jail .. plus, he will pay MORE than child support - he usually pays for insurance for the child - he pays expenses to go pick up the child several times during the month / he also pays to house the child when he has the child / he pays to feed the child / he pays for medical bills while there / in many cases he has to buy the child clothes if the mother is the kind that won't send any or decent clothes / he has to buy Christmas gifts, birthday gifts and parties, Easter, Valentines, Halloween / go to school events … he does everything that the other part parent does (actually MORE) plus pays a monthly child support fee which can send him to jail -- AND - the mother can use the child support any way she wants to spend it - it's like a gift … it is a given that the mother also has to have a place to live and food to eat whether or not she has any kids at all. Some women / men do not even need the child support because they may have married another partner who provides lots of money .. but some women do it for spite. Any decent dad will see to their child and their financial well being - and do all the right things for their children … but the bad dads and bad mothers makes the good parents pay harshly . The system is all messed up - and the officials are only tooo happy to send the ones to jail who try … for example, I know someone who never misses a lick with their kids but their job ended and that caused a couple of months child support to be behind .. and guess what rained down on their head ? .. all bad things. I know I did not accept child support - I did it all on my own because that is what I chose to do .. I worked and made it ok with my child.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Trish
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

all the court would say is find another job or two which seems crazy but i believe whatever best for the child

• 8 months ago

No. Grow up and be a man.

• SW-6
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

A man and a woman BOTH put these children on earth to be responsible for. Too many of the non custodial parents think the divorce or separation means no more financial responsibility for them, let it all fall on the custodial parent while they are out having the time of their life. The problem with child support is too many time the one who is receiving it abuses the use of it. It is wrong yes. All we can do is realize what is at stake if you make a child. Be ready for all that is involved with it, know you can't just walk away.

• Jaime8 months agoReport

Can’t be any clearer than that

• 8 months ago

Children need to eat, live someplace safe, have their medical needs met, get an education, and have clothes. So the father AND the mother need to financially support the child.

• Liz
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

You don't understand that kids need to eat?

I sure hope you have someone who helps you cross the street.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

He doesn't need to if they do shared custody where they each have the kids the same amount. But if he just ups and leaves, why should she be left holding the bag? They're his kids. She didn't make them by herself. It's his responsibility to support them.

Why does the law send guys who refuse to financially support their kids to jail, because it was happening so often that women were simply left holding the bag, left to support the kids all on their own while the guys just went about with their higher incomes not supporting them at all that it created a social injustice so massive, and a government expense since many of these kids were ending up on welfare roles specifically because their dads were being deadbeats, that the government stepped in and had to make the penalty for not fulfilling your parental responsibilities something you can go to jail for, which it already was that way as child neglect, failing to feed and clothe your children, was already criminal.

• Barb Outhere
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

NaiveBaby2018 - You are WRONG. I know because my own brother has custody of his three boys, and his wife has visitation. If a man fights for it he can get it. But most men seem to not even want to put them selves out for their kids on a daily basis so Mum is awarded custody.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.