Self obsessed brother?

I'm not gonna write a whole story here, ill sum it iup. My brothers 33, im 19. My brother has Psychosis (although i think he over exaggerated it to be diagnosed) - but i am pretty sure he's depressed because he does nothing with his life. He has no disabilities, kids, or responsibilities, he lives in a... show more I'm not gonna write a whole story here, ill sum it iup.

My brothers 33, im 19. My brother has Psychosis (although i think he over exaggerated it to be diagnosed) - but i am pretty sure he's depressed because he does nothing with his life. He has no disabilities, kids, or responsibilities, he lives in a apartment and gets a high amount of welfare/benefits and has the freedom to do whatever he wants.

But all he does it sit, complains about there's nothing on the tv, that he's bored etc but he chooses himself not to do nothing? btw he isn't overweight or anything either.

So, last week we went from ireland to england to visit my sister, who's husband is disabled and has autistic kids (he can't move out of his bed, very bad back plus they're the same age) - and i thought (since he hasn't seen him in years) that his perspective on life in general would improve as he's seeing someone who isn't as fortunate as him and can't' do simple things etc etc - btw they were friends years ago back when he was a teenager.

But I was wrong, he's just going back to complaining about being bored, nothing seems to register in his head, i was literally up at his place for an hour and the whole conversation was about him and how hes bored, literally he'd drain the life out of you.

I mean when me or my sister is off work/college he expects you to go up to his and entertain and feel sorry for him. I don't even think he has phycosis, he just plays on it for money and sympathy,