Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 5 months ago

Should I shower immediately before going into the pool at my gym?

I never seen anyone else doing it... and also, if I shower at home and walk 10 minutes to my gym, should I shower again if I sweat a little bit?

• Joseph

It is appreciated.

Yeah especially if it makes you feel better and shower after it too bc you don't wanna smell like chlorine or go to bed being uncomfortable.

Id do it because i dont want to smell like chlorine afterwards

Yes. If you look in the hot tub, on the foam you'll see brown, nasty scum like when you boil organ meat. That's the literal feces, sweat and dirt that comes off people who don't shower. And that's only what you CAN see. Most pools will have a shower right there because everyone knows it's proper to showers right before entering the pool. Think about it this way, when you get pool water in your mouth, you don't revel in how refreshing it is, you start to plan your day around when you might start barfing, right?

Why? Aren't you going to sweat as soon as you swim?

They like you to so that you're not taking any germs or potential infection into the pool with you. But it's up to you.

Well that rule only applies to indians lol

• Mark

Funny, my local public pool has a sign prominently displayed saying "please shower before getting into pool". I guess where you live they LIKE dirty pool water.

i would leave showering for after the pool. but if you want, you could simply do a water shower without soap or shampoo then use those after the pool.

It keeps dirt and sweat out of the pool.