Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 5 months ago

If I don’t have time to exercise then I don’t need carbs, right?

Carbs are stored fuel for the body. It they don’t get used they turn themselves into fat. So if you don’t have time to exercise and you’ve eaten breads or pasta then you’ll be looking at a weight gain. So wouldn’t it be a healthier choice to go carb free if you’re unable to burn carbs? Then you’re burning what you’re eating and not storing anything that will turn to fat.

you still need carbs if you actually want to get **** done just go for fiber rich carbs like whole wheat pasta, brown rice, whole grain bread. If you don't eat any carbs eventually you will go crazy because every single cell in your body runs on them.

• Chris

Actually carbs turn to sugar.

Carbohydrates are the most important source of energy for your body. Your digestive system converts carbohydrates into blood sugar (glucose). Your body uses the glucose and stores any extra sugar for when you need it. ... Foods with a high glycemic index, like white bread, cause rapid spikes in blood sugar

• Pippin

Ummm..... so you spend all day everyday lying motionless is bed? You're on a ventilator so you don't even have to expend energy to breathe? Just living uses energy. A lot.

Humans do need carbs. Cannot exist entirely on meat and fat.

• Donald

Wrong! The body needs carbs, but excess calories whether from carbs or not will be stored as fat.

Best wishes

All excess calories are stored as fat if you do not use them.

Nobody needs carbs. They are the only macro we don't need.

That being said, you are correct in saying sedentary people don't benefit from excess carbs while active people do. Although active people don't necessarily need lots of carbs either. Some people do fine being active on low carb. Others not so much. It depends on the person.

eta

I dunno man because I can. Its weird because before anonymous was an option I didn't care but now that it is an option I like to use it.

eta

Just to clarify by "people don't need carbs" I mean we can survive without them. We can get energy from fat. We cannot survive without fat and protein so those are essential. I do not think that carbs are evil and horrible and nobody should eat them. I also do not think no carb diets are healthy.