Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 5 months ago

Is there any way to stop people from moving your questions in Y/A?

Update:

Why does Yahoo continue to allow this?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

Not that I know of, so check your questions and move them back to where they belong.

You have a duty to yourself to assure the haters of free speech do not block you.

But do it properly.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Look, the reporting system is broken. There is no other way to regulate the site for most of us. Unless we all open up 10 other accounts just to report. And Im not doing that. I dont want but 1 account.

This ability to move questions is all that we as level 7s have. And there are far more trolls posting garbage than there are level 7s.

My advice, avoid posting anything that looks even remotely like violence or racism. Because its getting hard to tell what is troll these days and what isnt on this site.

Source(s): .56
  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Nope there is no way to Lock your Question in a Particular Category Unfortunately

• 5 months ago

No, not really............children must play.

All you can do is move it right back.

• August
      Lv 5
      5 months agoReport

would it be possible for you to move this question to the Dining Out section then @Weasel McWeasel

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No, all you can do is move them back. There is no effective way to report the abuse, either.

Yahoo (Verizon Media) has not chosen to disengage the feature or remove it from abusers so far. They don't share their reasons with us.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Well, once upon a not-so-long ago we could report malicious movings to y_answrs_team@yahoo.com , and if we included the URL of the question they could bust the perpetrator back to level 6.

It seems the team has been disbanded, but the only confirmation of that is on the facebook-page

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

No. It may not appear to it to you, but most of the question moving is purposeful and correct. This question, for instance, has nothing to do with politics and I'm going to move it to the appropriate category, something I do on and off all day.

• David5 months agoReport

Says the anonymous azzhole that’s most likely moving questions

• -j.
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No.

If they're going to let users move questions, then there should be an audit trail so you know exactly who moved it and where (no anonymizing, either). Then we can see who's genuinely trying to be helpful and who's just being a d!ck.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Nope. One of the worst things yahoo has done.

• Dan82828384
      Lv 5
      5 months agoReport

No thats putting a 15 character minimum and the clickky squares things

• 5 months ago

Not until some egg head responsible for tweaking the layout, does his or her job and takes that feature away from Level 7 users. No.

Level 7s didn't always have this ability. It came shortly after the purple layout was set in place.

Some do a great job at moving questions to proper categories (like junk user call outs to Yahoo Products). Most do not. And are vindictive.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.