WHY WHEN I ASK A QUESTION ON YAHOO ANSWERS DO I HAVE TO KEEP GOING THREW REGNOSING TRAFFIC LIGHTS ETC ?

how come whenever I want to ask a question do I have to spend half an hour going threw stupid , press when you see traffic lights, press when you see cars, press when you see bikes, press when you see any tom dick and harry, what has happened to yahoo, are they tryng to lose customers or what ?

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Listen, Yahoo Answers can do whatever they want to on their website. You have to deal with it or dont come here no more

This is an anti-spam measure to ensure you're a human and not a spammer or spambot. Verizon has already introduced it in late May to heavily curtail spamming on this site.

• .

MANY have asked about this here already. The captcha is a security measure that began on 5/27/19, to prove you are a human user and not a bot program attempting to use the site. Apparently Verizon Media chose to hire the services of Google to provide that function (as noted by the text at the bottom right of the pages “This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the GooglePrivacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.”), instead of programming it themselves. Hopefully the captcha's will be required less frequently, soon. Otherwise, I see another migration of users away from the site due to the added annoyance. If you select the headphones icon to listen to an audio captcha, and type in a single significant word you hear, you’ll get through it quicker than selecting images.

Any time you have an issue with the site or something changes, scroll through the Yahoo Products>Yahoo Answers subcategory and see if anyone else has posted about it. You can find your answer and save yourself 5 pts a lot of times. That’s what the site was designed for (so users wouldn’t need to re-post questions that had already been asked and answered multiple times)

• .

it's a free site so I doubt Verizon cares. other users will stay and new ones arrive.

The spam and bots never made me want to quit the site.

The "solution" to the spam and bots does.

It's annoying as hell.

• patesquires5 months agoReport

i will be quitting the site, WHAT utter crap yahoo have become

It is a robot prevention device as there is no program that can identify the items the question asks for eg lights, or buses or cars or taxi's or crosswalks or chimneys or stairs or hookers,(I can hope,can't I ?) or trucks or planes or trains, or boats or motorcycles.

. Live people can answer the question correctly so is allowed through. I know, I tried to answer it wrong and it won't let me through..

Liberals used to swarm the site and post disgusting anti-American racist messages. These idiots still do that but now it takes a little longer because of the added security.

• Daniel

To Prove that you are a Human being and Not a Bot something new that Yahoo is Testing out Yahoo is trying to Control Spam and Bots and such Its not just you thats seeing them a lot of Other Users are starting to see it come up

They are testing new spam fighting measures. It takes just a few extra seconds for each question or answer. They have to do something to prevent bots who can take down the sight for days or weeks at a time. Quora is the alternative if you don;'t like it.

• Peter Boiter Woods

Then it wasn't the captchas. Did you have a % symbol in the question. On some mobiles that prevent posting. It is a limitation of the mobiles. Spell out percent.

• Sharon

It is a new anti-spam measure to prove that you are a human and not a bot. It is being used to fight spam on the site.