JonZ
Lv 7
JonZ asked in SportsTennis · 6 months ago

Is tennis a "clean sport" or do players find ways to use steroids and get away with it?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Sharapova has proven it's not drug free.

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 4
      6 months agoReport

It was just a trace amount of something from an over the counter medication that she was not suppose to take but obviously made a mistake. Not steroids.

• 6 months ago

Like many sports these days, those in control of competitive tennis are keen to keep the sport as clean as they can which is why players are regularly tested - and occasionally caught. I'd suggest there will always be cheats, but in general Tennis is comparatively clean these days.

• Chuck
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

A bigger issue, for me, is the lack of enough (elevated) chair umpires in junior tennis in the USA. Too much cheating seems to be the result of expecting kids to "Play by the Code."

The Code is a great document, but children NEED an umpire on every court. The chair umpire need not be brilliant, but taking the power out of cheating player is crucial. Junior tennis should NOT be "the Wild West."

• 6 months ago

They have had many people caught over the years.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Steroids are of no real help to a tennis player since they rely on conditioning and not so much on muscle mass. However, recovery drugs like HGH "may" make more sense since they help with recovery times (for players playing 6-12+ weeks in a row with travel involved).

• 6 months ago

Look up Maria Sharapova. She's just the most high profile of many drug incidents.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Wherever there is money in sport there are cheats.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I believe even bowling, curling, and corn hole players use performance enhancers. HBO's Real Sports had a segment that was asking if we should just allow safer enhancing methods so that way it's fair to everyone willing to use them. I didn't agree, but it is getting crazy to find any edge to win.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.