Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 5 months ago

i’m 15 and haven’t eaten for 3 days, do you think i have an eating disorder? if so, which one?

i plan to not eat for a whole week. i just want to be skinny.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Does your own body want foodies?

• 5 months ago

You sure do. A dis-order is a condition in which your body and/or mind isn't in order, and you not wanting to eat means exactly that. The good news it's that it seems it's all in your head, so you just have to stop being silly and eat. Starving is not a smart way to lose weight, eating well and exercising is. Be better than those who oppress you due to your weight and be smart.

• 5 months ago

That's gonna ruin your metabolism, you'll end up holding onto any body fat you may have because your body will eventually go into starvation mode, and im not a doctor i can't say you have an eating disorder but i do think it's good that you care about how you look and if you don't like it then its good that you wanna change it but doing it in a safe way is what's best and starving yourself is not safe. Please eat your food slowly when you go back to eating so your body doesn't shut down. It hasn't had food for awhile so it may not remember how to process it so eat very slowly and eat healthy foods if you get cravings eat junk food once a week twice at the most just so you don't end up binging out on it later. But please please be careful and go to your doctor sometime very soon.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Not going to work...and another example of why children shouldn't diet--and yes, you may think you're grown up but you are not. You don't have a clue. You will gain every pound back once you eat normally and you will have a harder time losing it again.

Ask your DOCTOR if you need to lose weight and then do what he/she says \SENSIBLY.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Probably not, but if you are worried, or even if you aren't, do seek help as this is a very poor way in which to try to lose weight. You won't be able to sustain it and the body does a very odd thing when it feels it's being starved. It conserves energy, so that you lose weight much more slowly. (It's called famine syndrome).

• edward
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Mmmm...crash dieting is a good way to gain weight fast. Your body goes into overdrive starvation mode and hold on to everything you eat until your body feels like it’s no longer starving and it can go back to burning calories instead of storing them

• 5 months ago

You may not have an eating disorder but you are certainly going to make yourself unwell.

Not eating is the WORST way to lose weight.

Anyone needs to see a dr before undertaking a weight loss diet. Anyone not yet an adult needs to have medical supervision to avoid PERMANENT health and developmental problems.

• 5 months ago

Could be the beginning of an eating disorder. That or just stupidity if you think its a good way to lose weight and not end up malnourished.

• Damien
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

if u want to be skinny, u eat less, not completely stop eating.

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

That's a good way to get fat. Dumb move. Your body goes into starvation mode and as soon as you eat at the end of a week instead of burning it as energy your body will send it ALL to fat cells to put weight on you. Silly children want everything really fast and do the opposite of what is right.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.