Dove asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 5 months ago

What can help gain muscle?

I know simply lifting weights and eating high protein does the job but is anything else other than protein bars and shakes?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Eating and lifting consistently. Working our 4-5 a week. Consume your bodyweight in grams of protein. Also to gain mass faster you must eat more and bigger meals.

• 5 months ago

Eating meat helps build up muscles like beef is filled with b vitamins and minerals and creatine any protein helps build muscle mass in your system and fish and salmons also good too.

• 5 months ago

being in calorie surplus

• 5 months ago

Eating protein rich foods like eggs, lentils, black beans, broccoli, lean ground turkey, lean ground beef, and greek yogurt. Things like that will help you out a lot and just doing exercises to build your muscles up atleast three times a week four at the most will help. Make sure to do it every other day so you can get a rest day in between and if you have taken a long break from working out or you're a beginner then it's gonna hurt for awhile longer than a day so just wait until you're no longer sore because if you're still sore that means that your muscles are still working to repair themselves. Drink lots of water, eat healthy, and listen to your body you get out of diet and exercise what you put into it your body reciprocates what you do so just make sure you take care of yourself and don't overdo it on working out and watch your portions too many calories is too many calories if you overeat or ingest too many calories from juice, milk, etc. your body will store it as fat so just be careful and make sure your portion sizes match your goals.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Avoid shakes and bars like the plague. They are candy bars and milk shakes. As much protein they have, they have as much sugar. Wenn schon, denn schon, have a root beer float and Snickers if you're gonna eat that much sugar and enjoy it at least as a cheat day.

Eat meat as protein. You can find it in beans and soy if you don't want meat but a good steak has 75g of protein ad zero sugar. A shake might have 30g or protein and 35 grams of sugar.

• k w
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

fruit-meat-potato/carb.....and avoid empty calories/junk food cheetos/ fritos etc.....and take plenty of ionic minerals, it's plant based a liquid. be aware that there are many manufacturers, so from a neutral taste to a bit tart, I just picked up a fulvic/humic acid preparation with trace minerals, is so neutral in taste I can add it to my black coffee and not taste it.....depending on how old you are and for how long you've gone without supplements, will depend on how often and for how long to take them in concentration, so it's sold in the maintenance dose so you'll have to load up for quite some time to play catch up to what you missed for so long, just don't over-do it.

I like to use the Bioplasma max dosage on the label as a reference ,reg dose up to 8x a day, well bedtime, wakeup, and 3 meals = 5 so you only got 3 to add to that.

not that hard and listen to the 'Food Babe' a book/audio on amazon, she can guid you thru the minefield of foods to avoid and why. she's awesome.

• Cara
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Just a lot more exercise. Walking, running, lifting, gardening, sports, any kind of physical activity, and lots of it.

• 5 months ago

i would ask your doctor about it

• Teva
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

Yes there is. Scientists have discovered that just imagining doing exercise will build muscle mass.

https://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/...

• 5 months ago

lol... what a dumb question. Honestly, where do these dumb people come from?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.