Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 5 months ago

Am I too fat to ever be liked in high school?

I m 5 2, and I recently gained about 10 pounds, most of which i carry in my "muffin top", stomach, hips and thighs. I think my BMI is about 24 now because I m newly overweight, even though it used to be at about a 22. I weigh 133 lbs, have a 33 inch bust and a 27 inch waist and wear a size 4/6. I m pretty ugly too, so is there ever a chance of me being crushed on/asked out?

My weight may also be my strength. I will walk into a space and feel sturdy, thus once somebody says one thing American statean it bounces off me. i am fast thereto.

Some days i take advantage of my fat as armour, and different days it's sort of a shroud.

My world is stuffed with contradictions, however I blame no-one else. the sole person I will hold accountable for my position is American state. However, I refuse to simply accept the scale i'm. this is often not World Health Organization i used to be meant to be.

If I settle for it then i am telling myself that I've given up and that i don't desire to provide up.

I'm not trying to find sympathy. simply having the ability to inform individuals however being fat honestly feels {for American state|on behalf of me} may be a fabulous chance to kick me into doing one thing concerning it. i am formulating an idea, that i am deciding quietly. i believe being a size fourteen or sixteen would be enough on behalf of me.

I don't need to be traditional as a result of traditional is boring. I simply need to be the simplest of myself.

Why should not I?

No you're not. Not everyone worries about looks what really matters is personality if someone isn't a good person then what's the point? You can always lose weight over time an ugly personality can take even longer to improve.

you're not too fat at all

What matters is your personality if you have a great personality people will want to be around you, but that being said your probably still growing and will probably even out just try to set a goal you can achieve. Like running a mile in 15 minutes, health & fitness goals.

Looks aren’t everything.

You may think you’re ugly because of your own insecurities but someone out there will find you beautiful.

You are not ugly. So stop telling yourself that.

Eating healthy and getting regular exercise is good for you. For the mind and body, not just for weight loss.

Love yourself.

Edit: whoever thumbs down, it’s okay to be insecure.

I can give you a description of much worse sounding people and they are happily married. In high school maybe not- everyone’s egotistical and stupid in high school. Especially social media generation... then they grow up and start developing preferences of their own.

• keerok

"Ugly" is only in the inside. If you circulate with these "ugly" people, you will feel ugly yourself. Get what I mean?

For every pot, there is a lid. So, yes! However, personality is a major factor in all friendships and romantic relationships. You're not ugly, you're "non traditional" in appearance. Work that angle! Get into fashion! Carry yourself with confidence and focus on what you do have as positive attributes and people will be drawn to you. My guy friend is short and truly overweight, but he dresses incredibly well and is a ton of fun! He gets tons of girls after him and just accepts his weight and it isnt an issue(that we know of). Hang in there

I wouldn't dwell on that reason why for being crushed on/asked out. You are going to be fine and you're not overweight. You're healthy. Plus, high school relationships can be a pain in the *** most of the time. I have never gotten into a relationship in high school but I knew lots of people who did and it never worked out well. But that's just my opinion on high school relationships.

Don't worry about it. When someone does ask you out, they'll see you for you. Not for what you look like nor your size

• Molly

Firstly, you're not overweight, even by BMI standards. Second, think about the people you like (as friends or crushes). Is it because of their size? Or more their personality and humor? I always found the latter was much more important.