Alexa asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 5 months ago

I use three pound weights for my arms, is that enough?

No. Not unless you are really weak due to health issues or age. Most people wont build muscle or strength with 3 pounds weights simply because they are already too strong for that.

• If you're just starting out with weights then it's fine. You don't want to injure your self by lifting weights that are too much for you to handle. Once your body gets used to them you can move up to the next weight which I believe is 5 pounds. I use 10 pound weights but I started out using 3 pound weights.

It depends on your body and other factors, I used to be very unfit so 3lbs were enough. Then I got fitter and needed more weight to benefit from it. If you don't feel like you are getting a good enough workout then it won't be enough. It also depends what kid of weights they are and how you use them.

it depends what your goals are on how much strength you want to build