Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 9 months ago

Is it abuse when parents always yell at their 17 year old daughter for bad grades?

most parents could be abusers

• The girl likely had a learning disorder because they're bad parents. They're probably getting off on it.

• Lili

My dear, you claimed bad parenting was responsible for a learning disorder. Moreover, I might point out that mere "bad parenting" isn't responsible for such serious problems as "failure to thrive" and retarded physical and mental growth. Flat-out abuse is responsible for those problems.

It depends on what they consider verbal abuse. I hear it is but never heard of social services removing anyone over verbal abuse.

I guess it depends what exactly they are yelling at you but in general, no. If my child was trying his best then I wouldn’t yell at him for bad grades.

No its love.

They want her to do the best she can.

I've read your questions. Apparently you are doing the best you can do because of your issues, so, yes, it's wrong.

Yelling is not abuse

no, i would slap my 17 year old daughter for bad grades and it still wouldnt be abuse. she needs some tough love, yelling at her isnt wrong at all.

• kim9 months agoReport

Thats abuse

Not at all it is considered , being a parent.

However you are correct in one sense, instead of yelling, the car, internet, Facebook and cell phone should be the first to go. Then followed by a curfew then yelling

No. She deserves it. ...............