ray asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 9 months ago

I live in NJ and was in a car accident with no insurance!No one hurt,we just exchanged ins info?Am i in trouble?

I was in a car accident yesterday and had no ins!No one hurt,and we just exchanged ins info!I knew at the time i wasnt insured,and he will know once he files with ins company!Im guessing he will sue me!I had a previous no insurance back 30 yrs ago!Will it show up from back then to the court?I screwed up and knowingly drove!I live in NJ and a second offense is 14 days in jail!Im a single dad of 2 minor kids and i have no one to watch them!NO ONE!One is disabled!If no ticket becuase of no police,what happens?

• Athena

The third NJ question in the last four hours.

It must be really boring there today.

Yes, it is illegal to drive in NJ without PLPD. He now has your information and if he is hurt YOU are responsible,

• -

Yes, the other driver may sue you!

Doubt you'd go to jail in your position.

If there was not police report, you most likely won't be cited for not having insurance.

If you were at fault for the collision, or the other party tells their insurance company you were, you will be liable for damages to their vehicle whether or not you have insurance. The difference having insurance makes is that the insurance company covers YOUR liability.

How do you get your driver's license and car tags without proof of insurance? All of which is in the States computer. So, they will check you, see the nothings and have a complete story. You are a deadbeat, so there is no point giving you a fine, because you will disregard the court just like you have on car insurance. So, you will go to the jail,

• ray9 months agoReport

i had insurance prior to accident but it expired 2 months prior!