audio viz tech boys,,AV tech that is, question yamaha RX V1500, t speakers connect ok great sound,one more speaker I cannot get sound?

fixed a loose speaker connection,by switching ft to back speakers,the contacts needed a bit of fiddling with for solid contact,this yamaha is a neat system,,I still have to mess with the auto tuning mechanism,,had it programmed I thought,,when in place hooked up,the onboard tuner lost all the info,I use a marantz tuner for radio sound,it works well

• 1 year ago

You leave much information out. How many speakers have you got connected ? What kind of speaker wire are you using ? What kinds of speakers are you using ? Have you tested to be sure that the problem is not a bad wire and/or a bad speaker ?

Use speakers that you have heard to work and connect one to the output of the receiver that feeds the speaker that isn't working. First, substitute a wire you know works, then use a speaker you know works.

If none of those tests change the result, then you may well have a bad connector on that speaker output of the receiver.

• 1 year ago

Get in-person help from an audio expert. 

• 1 year ago

Dang! Either you don't speak or write English or you haven't slept for 6 days. Test the speaker on a known good sound source. Check the wire. Check the channel for output.