Is it possible for me to be a Christian without believing in Trinity ?

I still want to be a follower of Christ , but the concept of Trinity is confusing me and I don't want to believe in it anymore.

My personal response to that as a Christian is that I don't know how you would be able to avoid sin if you don't accept the Holy Spirit working within you, but I myself believe in an economic Trinity rather than an ontological one, i.e. it's a description of the history of the relationship between God and humanity and not a literal three-sided timeless God.

• fixerken

they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled. 4 They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories. That's you, you give attention to false stories including your our own opinion! 

Your choices are limited.  The Mormons, the JW's, and the United Church of God don't accept the doctrine of the trinity.

• fixerken

The Jehovah's Witnesses only except what the Bible says, not the opinions of man!

All true Christians do not believe in the trinity, the trinity first was adapted in the Christian belief in the latter part of the fourth century BC. There were two warring beliefs in Rome, the pagan Roman belief and a group called "The Way" (Acts 9:2) ASV 2 and asked of him letters to Damascus unto the synagogues, that if he found any that were of the Way, whether men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem.

(Acts 19:9,23-24, ) 9 But when some were hardened and disobedient, speaking evil of the Way before the multitude, he departed from them, and separated the disciples, reasoning daily in the school of Tyrannus. 23 And about that time there arose no small stir concerning the Way. 24 For a certain man named Demetrius, a silversmith, who made silver shrines of {Diana*}, brought no little business unto the craftsmen;

(Acts 19:23) A Greek virgin goddess of hunting is known as Artemis; she was identified by the Romans with Diana. (Acts 19:27) The Ephesian Artemis was a fertility goddess: This goddess of fertility goddess in our modern times is none other than "Easter: In the book The Two Babylons, by Alexander Hislop, we read: “What means the term Easter itself? It is not a Christian name. It bears its Chaldean origin on its very forehead. Easter is nothing else than Astarte, one of the titles of Beltis, the queen of heaven, whose name as found by Layard on the Assyrian monuments, is Ishtar. Such is the history of Easter. But this is another pagan festival false Christendom's clergy has adapted into the Christian belief! 

Historian Will Durant observed: “Christianity did not destroy paganism; it adopted it

Getting back to the trinity: 

In the preface to Edward Gibbon’s History of Christianity, we read: “If Paganism was conquered by Christianity, it is equally true that Christianity was corrupted by Paganism. The pure Deism of the first Christians was changed, by the Church of Rome, into the incomprehensible dogma of the trinity. 

Here are a few more scriptures that show the followers of Christ were known as "The Way" This was who we know as the Apostle Paul, then known as Saul who persecuted the earlier followers of Christ before they were known as Christians which they were first called in Antioch!

(Acts 22:4-5) 4 and I persecuted this Way unto the death, binding and delivering into prisons both men and women. 5 As also the high priest doth bear me witness, and all the estate of the elders: from whom also I received letters unto the brethren, and journeyed to Damascus to bring them also that were there unto Jerusalem in bonds to be punished. 

(Acts 24:14,22) 14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the Way which they call a sect, so serve I the God of our fathers, believing all things which are according to the law, and which are written in the prophets; 22 But Felix, having more exact knowledge concerning the Way, deferred them, saying, When Lysias the chief captain shall come down, I will determine your matter.

(Acts 28:22) 22 But we desire to hear of thee what thou thinkest: for as concerning this sect, it is known to us that everywhere it is spoken against.

Later on what we know today as the Roman Catholic church under the rule of Tertullian exiled sect know as the Way out of the Vatican!

• fixerken

gives back all the authority (Matt 28:18) given to him and then subject himself to his Father! This shows what is said at 1 Corinthians 11:3 that that the true God is head over Christ and John 14:28 Jesus himself says his FATHER is greater than he is and !ignore what the Bible says!

just convert to judaism. they dont have a trinity concept for their god and their religion is very similair to christianity.

• fixerken

Yet the Jewish Pharisees rejected Christ and were the main instigators in Christ death! So play your word games but Christ came to make a new covenant that does not include the Mosaic covenant, it includes it and makes it better!  

No.  The Trinity is fundamental to Christianity, and we have proof that the early Christians worshiped God as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
    • fixerken

What you say is un-provable, it's your opinion which makes you a false teacher! Just where in scripture does your opinion matter? 2 Timothy describes you as a false teacher, you subvert the truth for your own gain! 

• Paul

Not fully Christian. There are manmade churches that claim to be Christian while rejecting essential beliefs of Christianity like the Trinity. But the Trinity is one of the central beliefs of true and complete Christianity.

• fixerken

Why do you say I am a poor deluded guy, I say nothing of my own opinion I just point to scripture as my answers! My opinion does not matter, only the Bible and what it says matters! so daylily61 put your mouth where the money is! Show me and all that listen to your redirect where your prof is!

• Carym

No.  All Christians believe in the Triune God. Father, Son and Holy Spirit. These members constitute ONE GOD.   

"Jesus is the Powerful Presence of God gracing human life through the Holy Spirit."  >>He lives within. 

• Carym

[Genesis 1:27]. >>Very, very different from the orange jumpsuits you and your inmates are accustomed to.    
      Here's something to listen to and keep you busy.   
      https://youtu.be/8uDuHdoHNSA   

If you deny that Jesus is God you are worshiping a false God.

• fixerken

Olive Garden, what gives you the authority to make such a claim, and what makes you think it hols merit, just who are you and you claim to fame? Please quote scripture, after all this is Religion & Spirituality; you must think this is a personal opinion web site!

If you deny the Trinity, then you deny Jesus as God. You cannot be a Christian without supporting the Doctrine of the Holy Trinity.

Mind, Body, and Spirit, we are made in His image. Yet each of us is a single person. We ourselves are triune beings.

Source(s): Deuteronomy 6:4,5 and Matthew 22:37 - Let the Holy Spirit teach you about God.
    • fixerken

Such a bold statement, but where is your prof, you do not use the scriptures s it's just your opinion! Do you really think that we should believe in your opinion alone and not the Bible! Really? I think you are wise in your own eyes AND DIFFENLY NOY MINE! I rely on scriptural prof and not opinions!

There's only one way to become a Christian, and the Bible explains it as repentantly trusting in what Jesus did to bear your punishment for your sins. When you put total trust (faith) in the only possible way to be pardoned by God, you become an adopted child of God, born again, as Jesus explained in John chapter 3. Until that miracle of grace happens to you, you won't have a clue as to what doctrines like the Trinity are about. That cannot possibly make sense to you because you have not yet become a Christian. You are putting the cart before the horse.

You have to grasp something of who this Jesus really is before you can have saving faith in Him. Here's the crux of the matter. If the Son of God is not God incarnate, then He could never have had the magnitude of deity needed to bear the punishment for all sin ever committed, before His time on Earth, during His time and after returning to Heaven. But there's no need for you to be able to explain every word, phrase and nuance of the official Trinity doctrine. You DO have to bend your knee in Jesus' name, in awe at just who it was dying for your sins.

• fixerken

and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.” Why do the religious leaders hid this from their congregations?