Is it possible to make a website with no rules?

Is it possible to make a website where I can post videos, writing, art, basically anything I want without worrying that some higher up will tear me down?

Would that include copywrited things or is that more a matter of the law? 

Please only answer if you’re actually going to help!

I’m not making porn! I’m just sick of YouTube’s and other sites’s strict rules making it hard to post anything without getting in trouble for something.

Let me be more specific. I want to know if it’s possible to make a site where I can post videos and art (not porn) and not have to worry about rules or regulations like I would for YouTube or other sites. 

Yes, it is. That should be easy.

Depends - on what you mean by "some higher up" as well as "make a website".

The most freedom you get by buying your own domain and running your own server. For a single server, that's usually impractical, though, as this would be more hassle and nearly no gain as opposed to renting a server (physical or virtual) from a service provider.

In either case, you would only be responsible for the contents of that website as far as dictated by the local laws. "Local" in this context meaning both the laws in your country as well as the laws in the country that server is located. If you provide any services, that would also extend to the countries where your customers are.

So yes - if you want to set up any kind of contents on your server, your only limit would be the laws - e.g, regarding hate speech, copyrights, trademarks etc., In that respect, YouTube (or Twitch, whatever) are already pretty loose. They only get away with this by implementing a strict policy about videos _after_ they have been notified about a possible breach of laws. That includes the upcoming upload filters.

As an independent content creator with your own website, you wouldn't be offered that leniency. You will receive directly the mails from the lawyers of the people who think you would be violating their rights, including the bill for these lawyer's services.

No.  Images, sounds etc that are under copyright are protected by international law.  If you tried posting any content that was under copyright, you'd face legal action.  This could include millions of dollars in fines as well as possible prison time.  The same is true of other things that are forbidden by law, like child porn or revenge porn.

• Bill-M

You can make any type of web site you want (within the Law)   No child Pron would be something that will land you in Jail.

After you create your web site you need to find a Host Provider.  Like Go Daddy, that will post your web page on the internet.   They may have content rules.

you might be sued for having copyrighted things. 

• Jay

if it was possible then using common sense you would know if it exists already