bill h asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 10 months ago

Would you ever kill an animal for profit?

I can't understand how anyone can kill an Elephant, a Rhino, a Whale etc.

• Will

Yes. In countries where poaching is an issue, I would hunt the poachers for a profit. I would kill the poachers without remorse, shame, or guilt.

I'd kill for money if the reason for killing them was justifiable 

Deer (They're overpopulated everywhere they habitat & are dying of starvation). Anything in that situation & that's about it. I love em all!

Absolutely not.  And not for sport.  I find it reprehensible.  And trophy hunters should be killed themselves.

I wouldn't either. Nope, nope, nope.

I will only kill pests like mice rats, ants, roaches, flies and termites. I would kill an elephant in self defense, but not for profit.

Hell no. the only time I would kill any other animal is if it meant my food for survival or an imminent threat to my own life. Now I may kill a pesty fly buzzing in my face or that bedbug that is my nightmare, perhaps a tick or other parasite, but I don't kill anything otherwise. That quiet, polite little house spider is more than welcome to stay.

I detest the notion of killing outside of dire necessity and profits for money least of all.

I hear of a poacher getting shot dead in Africa, I think good riddance.

Butchers kill every day for a profit. All the beef, chicken, fish, lamb and other meats don't grow on tree's. A lot of people are involved in killing for a profit. Even chicken eggs represent an animal killed for profit.

• Murzy

no .

I would kill certain invasive sea urchins, starfish, mussels, snails, if a bounty were put on them.

• .

Only if it was a nuisance, a direct threat to humans, or a commercially viable food source (like fish).