What are the Christian beliefs? For example, do Christians believe the Easter Bunny is real?
- Annsan_In_HimLv 78 months agoFavourite answer
All Christians are agreed with these basic beliefs, from an ancient creed: "“I believe in God, the Father Almighty, the Maker of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; He descended into hell. The third day he arose again from the dead. He ascended into heaven and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty, from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead. I believe in the Holy Ghost; the holy catholic [universal] church; the communion of saints; the forgiveness of sins; the resurrection of the body; and the life everlasting. Amen.”
The oldest copy of that is dated around A.D. 400 and all Catholics, all Protestants and all Orthodox say "Amen" to that. Not a hint of bunnies.
- Fred XX00 ILv 78 months ago
Easter bunnies, an egg opening up, is a new life! What!
- 8 months ago
The Easter Bunny is a symbolism that is meant to join Christian and Pagan religions. At the time of the Christian Crusades the Christian intent was to dominate or iniliate all other persons and beliefs. Because the majority of the population who opposed them were Pagan, they adopted Pagan principles into their standards. The rabbit and the egg are symbolic of fertility which corresponds to the Pagan Spring Celebrations, hence they have been added as an element of the Christian Easter Celebration. Likewise, the Christmas celebration was a successful attempt to coordinate the Pagan Winter Equinox Rituals with the Christian story of Jesus by adopting Green which represents new life and Red symbolizing the blood of Christ, along with the tradition of honoring trees which merged from a Pagan concept to a Christian tradition via the Christmas Tree🎄
- ?Lv 78 months ago
No ; Just that you obey all of Jesus' sayings .
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- PubliusLv 78 months ago
They are too many to cite here, Einstein. I will list some after I answer your second question.
No, we do not believe that the Easter bunny is real. You know that. Appeals to ridicule are logical fallacies, pard. You know better than that.
The New Testament makes three foundational claims about Jesus Christ. He is...
1. Jehovah incarnate, but not the God he worships and prays to (who is Elohim).
2. The creation of God.
3. The begotten son of God.
Most "Christian" churches deny, dilute, or ignore at least one of these teachings.
- EnigmaLv 68 months ago
- Anonymous8 months ago
If its not a command from God, don't get involved with it. Flee!
1 John 4:1
Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the worldSource(s): Worship That God Approves Consider six features that identify those who practice true religion https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/bible-teach/ho...
- 8 months ago
No but here are a few: 159 ways of a Christian
1. The two greatest Commandments:
Hear Oh Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is ONE and thou shalt love the Lord thy God (Deut. 6:5 &11:1) (Matthew 22:37) (Mark 12:30) (Luke 10:27) with all thy
heart, with all thy soul, with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
2. Love thy Neighbor as thy self. This is the second commandment. (Lev 19:18) (Matthew 19:19) (Matthew 22:39) (Mark 12:31) (Romans 13:9) (Gal 5:14) (James 2:8)
3. Be responsible to your family and Love your wife. Ephesians 5:28
4. 1 Tim 5:17 Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.
5. Ps 122:6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.
6. Give selflessly and in secret.
7. Put on your Armour of Light. (The Lord Jesus Christ by calling upon His name)
8. Serve Jesus selflessly.
9. Hate evil.
10. Fear God and keep His commandments.
11. Hold to your gift of God, Faith.
12. Be humble and know Grace.
13. Believe in Jesus and that God raised Him from the dead.
14. Be Baptized. (Total immersion for ablution)
15. Confess Jesus with your mouth.
16. Fast for the Lord.
17. Praise the name of God with a song.
18. Magnify God with thanksgiving.
19. Love your enemy and if so lead give him bread and water to drink.
20. Got to Now (Live in the present).
21. Rebuke a sinner before all.
22. Be content.
23. Love not money.
24. Be not given to wine nor take a whore.
25. Curse no one. (Example: May God damn you to hell)
26. Never swear. (Example: I swear by all that is Holy that this is true).
27. Be patient.
28. Abide in Jesus' words.
29. Follow Jesus.
30. Be truthful.
31. Ask in Jesus name.
32. Ask the Father, Praise be He, in Jesus name.
33. Abide in Truth (Jesus), God's word being sanctified and purified.
34. Obey God.
35. Rebuke the Devil. (Get thee hence Satan in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, for it is written, thou shalt worship the Lord thy God and Him only shalt thy serve.)This is to be said two times.
36. Sin not.
37. Abide in Goodness (Our Father, praise be He.)
38. Forgive that ye may be forgiven.
39. Be righteous through Faith, praying for the world its people & leaders and feeding the hungry.
40. Eat with thanksgiving to the Lord.
41. Abstain from fornication.
42. Woman, keep silent in Chruch.
43. Know that suffering is for consolation and salvation.
44. Know this that where there is Liberty there is the Spirit of the Lord. Praise be He.
45. Be truly sorry for your sins and know repentance.
46. Bring into captivity every thought.
47. Know that ye are Justified by Faith in Jesus.
48. Know the Spirit comes by Faith.
49. Believe and the promise of Faith shall be given.
50. Know that Faith worketh by Love.
51. Wife submit yourself to your husband as unto the Lord.
52. Be careful for nothing. (Full of care, worry)
53. Through Love is perfection.
54. Children obey your parents.
55. Believe in Jesus and the word of God effectually works in you.
56. Woman put away the lust of your heart before a servant of the devil breaks in, rapes and murders you.
57. Count all Joy to suffer for Jesus.
58. Know the Word of God and how to use your Armour.
59. Sin not willfully.
60. Have faith and please God, praise be He.
61. Entertain strangers when so lead after prayer.
62. Be not a adulterer nor whoremonger.
63. Be patient when your Faith is tried.
64. Endure temptation.
65. Blame not God for temptations endured.
66. Be merciful.
67. Offend not in word.
68. Watch your tongue and be holy in all manner of conversation.
69. In all petitions in prayer saying it being thy will Oh Lord.
70. Convert sinners.
71. Be law bidding.
72. Confess Jesus as Christ and know the Truth.
73. Hate not your brother or sister.
74. Try all spirits whether they be of God!!!
75. Confess Jesus as the Son of God.
76. Confess that Jesus came in the flesh.
77. Dwell in Love for God is Love.
78. Believe that Jesus is Christ.
79. Know that the Spirit is Truth is Jesus Christ.
80. Avoid the black arts or the occult.
81. Resist not evil but hate it.
82. Take no thought for your life.
83. Speak not idle words.
84. Receive no gift from the worldly.
85. Believe in Jesus and all things are possible.
86. Be attached to no thing.
87. Be ye not of a doubtful mind.
88. Bless the Lord thy God after your meal.
89. Worship God in Spirit and Truth.
90. Know that Jesus is the Light of the world.
91. Hear God's word for it sanctifies, purifies and strengthens faith.
92. Ask in Jesus name.
93. Purify your heart by Faith.
94. Wash your hands before prayer.
95. Burn all books of curious arts.
96. Be neither rebellious nor stubborn.
97. Support the weak.
98. Cover not your sins but confess them before God through Jesus in true repentence.
99. Preach and teach others the good news.
100. Live by Faith.
101. Serve the Law of God.
102. Be not of a carnal mind.
103. Be Spiritual minded.
104. Have Hope.
105. Read the Word of God daily and renew the mind.
106. Be not conformed by the world.
107. Be not vengeful.
108. Owe not man anything.
109. Labor for the Lord.
110. Woman ask your husband concerning spiritual matters.
111. Do not be circumcised except in the heart.
112. Shave not the hair of the body unless for purification.
113. Be lead by the Spirit.
114. Do good to all men especially those of the Faith.
115. Speak to the soul with hymns, prayer while moving mouth without speaking.
116. Husband, as Christ is your head so be the head of your wife.
117. Woman, have a natural child birth.
118. Be ye meek. (A humble person)
119. Be not wrathful. (Violent anger)
120. Be not a hypocrite.
121. Wash with snow water.
122. Provide for your house.
123. Consider the end of a conversation of a Godly man or those who rule over you.
124. Be not carried away by strange doctrine.
125. Ask for Wisdom from Almighty God.
126. Do not wink!
127. Keep thy tongue from evil and thy lips from guile.
128. Cast all your worry upon Almighty God, praise be He.
129. Be kind.
130. Be virtuous.
131. Keep your heart with diligence.
132. Commit no adultery.
133. Steal no thing.
134. Murder no one. (Thou shalt not kill)
135. Bless and Praise the name of Almighty God, praise be His Holy name forever.
136. Study the Word of God daily.
137. Do not pursue evil.
138. Be not prideful.
139. Be not vain. (empty and worthless).
140. Be prudent. (Cunning in a good sense).
141. Answer softly to anger and say: "In the name of Jesus, What have we here".
142. Please the Lord.
143. Be not Haughty. (elated or arrogant)!!!!
144. Do not gossip.
145. Have pity on the poor.
146. Answer not a fool according to his folly.
147. Confess your sins for they are against God and Him only.
148. Hate covetousness.
149. Uphold the humble.
150. Behold the sun.
151. Call no one a fool unless they are a fool.
152. Seek ye first the Kingdom of God.
153. Speak not against the Holy Ghost.
154. Forsake your unrighteous thought.
155. Observe the words of another and know their heart.
156. Know your works shall be rewarded, whether for good or evil.
157. Observe not lying vanities.
158. Have no evil imagination against your neighbor.
159. Make no false oath.
- JeaLv 78 months ago
They believe many similar things. But they will tell you that the bunny is "not biblical", as if that was important somehow.
- 8 months ago
True Christians believe what the Bible says. And the Bible does not say anything about an Easter Bunny.