Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

What do you think about authorities refusing to prosecute women who falsely accuse men of rape.  ?

Because they feel it may discourage rape victims from coming forward.   

As was the case with this Kansas City woman charged with making a false rape report.   

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/oct/29/un...

26 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Prosecuting women who file false police reports won’t discourage truthful claims, it will only discourage false claims.  Apparently authorities are okay with false claims.  

Note the woman had financial backing from a feminist leaning organization.   I’m sure they put quite the pressure on authorities.    

• ChemFlunky
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

It can discourage truthful claims that don't immediately *look* "truthful".  Eg date rape.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Someone said because it may make it harder for women to come forward when it actually happens, and there may be something to that. I think, however, they should still prosecute women when it is proven that the accusations are false, at least if those can be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Or, at least, the person who was lied on should get paid for damages to reputation, etc.

• 2 months ago

The system is fucked and we all know that

• 2 months ago

I think that is terrible. Women that falsely accuse anyone of rape should be publicly executed

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • They should be shot in the face

• 2 months ago

Rape for any gender is very, very hard to prove.

• ...Show all comments
    • Andrew Smith
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Not so Bill.  They refuse to prosecute women for making accusations that YOU believe might be false.  A very different standard. An "unproven accusation" is not the same as a "proven false accusation".

• Piero
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I know two totally innocent men who's lives were ruined for life, by false rape accusations. I've only heard of one false accuser, being prosecuted, and this wasn't even in the USA. The DA won't prosecute because it makes him/her look like they are punishing a victim. Lawyers won't accept civil cases for the same reason, and most of the women have no assets anyway.

I've said several times, that I think a false rape accuser, should be made to pay full restitution. In order for them to do this, they need to work it off as whores in a legal Nevada brothel. How else can they make enough money?

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i think they should cause they shouldnt be lying about stuff

• k w
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

maybe the one who falsified it, can be sued by the victim......

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Women who falsely accuse men of rape are victims of the patriarchy and should not be prosecuted.   

As feminist scholar Patricia O’Brien writes, women should never be sent to jail for anything, and women’s prisons should be closed.   

• ...Show all comments
    • Piero
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

I like the idea of co ed prisons. Cures the homosexual rape problem and brings women's recidivism down to near zero!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.