Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 months ago

What do you think of Trump's plan to only allow food stamps for people working 20 hours per week?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Not going to matter anyway as the ACLU is already drawing paperwork to challenge it in court

• 8 months ago

IT IS A GREAT IDEA AND WE NEED TO SEE MORE OF IT

• 8 months ago

While I've never opposed an "all have some skin in the game" policy w/ subsidies, this is NOT it. Reason being, since the majority of SNAP recipients are kids, elderly, or disabled, they are rightfully exempt from the "work requirements" which only leaves a small minority most of which are parents &/or caretakers of those previously referenced as being exempt. 

So, basically all that attempted implementation of this policy does is cause an absolute Fustercluck among providers & prevent some poor or disabled kid from getting an abscessed tooth treated, something equivalent, or worse. Also, Trump talking about implementing changes/requirements to programs administered on the state level is just that....talk. Likewise, Southern & Conservative states have already attempted implementation of work requirements w/ o success ---facing lawsuits & injunctions immediately upon release. Much like similar attempts that didn't work such as; the required drug testing of recipients where 2% tested positive and was an even bigger failure & fiasco than work requirements, the desired result doesn't apply to the majority of recipients who are/were; kids, the elderly, and disabled. But, on a positive note for those who oppose subsidies, w/ the exception of recipients with underage kids who can receive hundreds in SNAP monthly, most--particularly the elderly & disabled receive a very miniscule amount --$15/$16 per month. So, you can feel better w/ the assurance that they aren't living any better than you...That said,  the only thing I have ever come up with would be making allowable total income higher and/or making a certain amount contingent on/before receiving assistance. For example, he awarded for working a minimum wage job.  With a structure like this, those who work but aren't eligible would likely have less animosity towards those who are b/c their working & everyone has some skin in the game. Likewise, I am guessing the majority of recipients would prefer to be working as well.  Similarly although vilified, over 80% of those who received coverage through the Medicaid Expansion were the "working poor". But, nothing can/will change in the current environment. So, it's moot. 

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Pretty stupid. Things like food stamps exist to keep poor people from revolting, wiping plutocrats like Trump. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

I Love it.. Maybe the lazy ones will all move to california so they can claim they are illegal and get all kinds of freebies that way.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

I think everybody should work 20 hours a week..whatever you work more should count and be paid as overtime.

• 8 months ago

It will make people that could work but don't want to get a bit hungry until they finally realise that it's not so bad to work.

• Leo
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

I wonder if he's ever sat down with people who actually receive food stamps.  I wonder if he's ever made a effort to understand what their lives are like.

• 8 months ago

that will get the baby makers attention

they will stop having babies expecting taxpayers to take care of them

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Able-bodied people. Can’t libtards get anything right?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.