Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 months ago

The original black and white film has been called the greatest science fiction movie of all time. Do you agree?

Update:

The Day The Earth Stood Still.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

WHICH "original black and white film?"

re: your update - I agree that it has been called that.

I believe that several better ones have been made in the intervening decades.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The earth IS standing still.

• Sky
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

"Greatest" is an entirely subjective opinion of each viewer.  Everybody has their own opinion of what the greatest movie of any genre happens to be.  Some may agree with your choice, and many would disagree.  There's no right or wrong opinion there.

• Rick2 months agoReport

That is the greatest reply of all time.

• james
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The first black & white Move some claim. 5 minutes of standing on a street corner in France. I would call interesting but not Sci-Fi.  It did show you could make a clear move of unmoving persons & things. & also the blur of people walking { speed} & the more blur of carrage's moving at greater speed. So they could calculate film speed needed & exposure to make moves. As followed. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Doc
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

No. "Forbidden Planet" is the better movie in my opinion. I have nothing against black & white movies. But it's just a cooler movie.

• 2 months ago

I hate black and white films

• 2 months ago

'Twas a great film, for sure. But Metropolis (made in 1927) is stronger. And so is "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" (1956)

• 2 months ago

I've not sin it yet - Shhh

Don't tell anyone.

• Olive
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I never seen the whole movie

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.