Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 months ago

The original black and white film has been called the greatest science fiction movie of all time. Do you agree?

The Day The Earth Stood Still.

Favorite Answer

WHICH "original black and white film?"

re: your update - I agree that it has been called that.

I believe that several better ones have been made in the intervening decades.

The earth IS standing still.

• Sky

"Greatest" is an entirely subjective opinion of each viewer.  Everybody has their own opinion of what the greatest movie of any genre happens to be.  Some may agree with your choice, and many would disagree.  There's no right or wrong opinion there.

• Rick2 months agoReport

That is the greatest reply of all time.

• james

The first black & white Move some claim. 5 minutes of standing on a street corner in France. I would call interesting but not Sci-Fi.  It did show you could make a clear move of unmoving persons & things. & also the blur of people walking { speed} & the more blur of carrage's moving at greater speed. So they could calculate film speed needed & exposure to make moves. As followed. 

• Doc

No. "Forbidden Planet" is the better movie in my opinion. I have nothing against black & white movies. But it's just a cooler movie.

I hate black and white films

'Twas a great film, for sure. But Metropolis (made in 1927) is stronger. And so is "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" (1956)

I've not sin it yet - Shhh

Don't tell anyone.

• Olive

I never seen the whole movie