Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 10 months ago

Why do people on Yahoo complain ?

I noticed that lately when you ask questions on here anymore a lot of people tend to complain about it. Example I asked about names for my kids they kept complaining I didn't know how to spell a kids name while people give kids different spelling for names all the time we were wanting to be one of those people who wanted to be original what's wrong with that. I hate it when people complain about questions like that on here what's the point of even asking. Why do people on here complain about everything ?

I'm glad I didn't mention my daughter in that question because her name is spelled different from some or they'd probably complain about that to

Because they can. YOU are complaining in this question and  your next question. This really is NOT a knowledge seeking question. It is a statement t, very close to a rant, what call a bait and fish question intended to provoke people into responding. Technically the is is a terms of service violation that I would often not answer and would report and move on to the next question. 

YA was originally created for knowledge seeking questions to create a searchable database of personal knoledge and life experience. Y is supposed to have a STRICT question answer format. It is NOT a chat room or group of chat rooms like the Yahoo neo Groups are supposed to be, or a message board or a discussion forum.  Over the years, since 2014, YA essentially HAS become a message board, especially over the last 2years and 6 months since Verizon took over Yahoo headquarters. 

You are being a hypocrite. We ALL are hypocrites to some degree. Your question is a statement, a complaint about complaining on YA. At some point this question is going to move so far down the question list that no ons except the  people desperate for 2 points are going to answer it. I found myself answering or almost answering a 9 year old question. 

• Daniel

Some people have nothing Better to do on there own time then to Complain about other people's Questions

If they dont like the Question they can Always Skip on By It

There are so many nasty posts on this site it is ridiculous. I think Yahoo needs to somehow ban the repeat offenders who keep posting nasty, rude hateful answers and/or questions on this site. The site is becoming unusable. 

Why do you complain about everything? Only you know. You spam the same things over and over under several accounts (and have for years) then post the same complaints about getting called out for it or how other users post violations. Pot calling the kettle black, gets no sympathy.

• LAN

You mean childish morons like this that constantly whine here over and over?...https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20191...

• Aiden

I get grief all the time about my name. Aidan is the correct way to spell it.

Know what happens when anyone has a go at me for it?  Nothing, as it is no skin off of my nuts!

• David

The polls & surveys section is being overrun by trolls and and rude people with nothing better to do. I’m usually nice unless it’s obvious you’re trolling. So again, trolls and people who just like being rude to others on the Internet, it’s what this place is about now.