Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 8 months ago

Why are movies with romantic themes so unrealistic?

I was watching a hacking movie called Sneakers the other day and at the end of the movie (Spoiler Alert), River Phoenix's character gets a date with a hot NSA agent.  Other movies like Seth Rogen films and Hangover films etc also show guys getting hooked up with hot women, but in reality, hot women are never ever single.  Movies make it seem like attractive women are up for grabs and are always available. 

• Mike W

Movies are full of contrivances for a reason.  Movie fans expect to see certain things in a movie, like their hero getting the girl in the end.  People who make movies are more than happy to meet those expectations so their movie will make money, hopefully.  

This one romantic movie is seems to be realistic for me.

I Still Believe (2020)

Initial release: March 11, 2020 (Egypt)

Directors: Andrew Erwin, Jon Erwin 

Box office: $10.5 million 

Budget: $12 million 

Producers: Andrew Erwin, Jon Erwin, Kevin Downes  

“I Still Believe” is a 2020 American Christian musical romantic drama film directed by the Erwin Brothers and starring KJ Apa, Britt Robertson, Shania Twain, Melissa Roxburgh and Gary Sinise. It is based on the life of American contemporary Christian music singer-songwriter Jeremy Camp and his first wife, Melissa Lynn Henning-Camp, who was diagnosed with ovarian cancer shortly before they married. Camp’s song “I Still Believe” is the film’s namesake.

Learn More: https://www.playtubeblog.com/movie-trailers/i-stil...

Bitter?  Party of one?

:-)

• Jamie

Because they are very unrealistic

It's a movie. It's fake. No one wants to watch a movie about people getting disappointed and heartbroken. Anyway, why do you need a hot woman like someone in a movie? There are plenty of nice girls who don't look like that. Your own fault if you are that shallow.