Does anyone know what this is?

How do I choose a category or add another photo?

It looks like cauliflower, the top actually really looks like cauliflower with gaps between the bumpy segments, but zoomed in it’s covered in shiny agate it quartz 

Favorite Answer

Hi! Found the question. Where are you finding these? That's quite spectacular. You can still see the original shape of the organism before it calcified and the silicates crystalized.  It's an ancient form of those things that grow on corals found in Australia's Great Barrier Reef. To identify beyond the  wow that's cool factor you need to go to Google and enter identifying marine fossils of _______ and enter where you found the fossil. There's everything from scholarly papers to geology for beginners. Once you learn the geology of your area you can easily identify the rocks you pick up.

I know the Niagara and Elora/Rockwood formations best because it's where I live. I started with basic children's books as a kid and learned everything by reading whatever I could find. When older I took a couple university courses to learn about the Shield and gemstones. See my profile pic? I make jewelry and I mined, cleaned and cut that amethyst myself. It's the culmination of a lifetime love and  obsession with stones. 

I think you have that love of geology. Start reading. Start learning. It's totally worth it. 

• Denise2 months agoReport

I plan on taking classes after the surgery on my neck and the hip replacement, can’t wait!! Again, thank you very much for the input!

• .

Some kind of rock, which would mean your question is in the wrong subcategory. Move your question to Science & Mathematics>Earth Sciences & Geology as it's currently in Yahoo Products>Yahoo Answers and not applicable to this subcategory.

You can move your question by clicking Edit>Edit category just beneath your question, then selecting the category in which it is better suited.

• Denise2 months agoReport

OMG!! Thank you!!!

Serious degraded broccoli

Fossilized dinosaur poo