Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentLaw & Legal · 2 months ago

Is there a law that states that any employee doing a closing shift on Christmas Eve, should or has to get an opening **** on New Year’s Eve?

I work at a mall and I’ve been working for 3 Christmas now, my first two Christmas working my boss would exchange hours to the employees whom closed at Christmas Eve and New Years. If I closed the 24 I would open the 31 and so. But the year he has me and another employee closing both holidays and as it turns out we are the ones that live the furthest from the mall. I told him it wasn’t fair cause he would always exchange and he started to get all crazy about it and told me that if I found a rule or law that states he should exchange hours, he would do it. 

So I’m just here wondering if there is any? At least in the States including Puerto Rico, cause I am from PR. 

No there is not one.

If your boss wants to be a dick, that's his decision. There's no law against that. Sorry