Is history a good major ? ?

I plan on becoming a teacher (history teacher) but I want to know will history allow for other job opportunities if teaching doesn’t work out for me? 

History is a good and interesting major. As about other job opportunities, in case teaching doesn't work for you, it totally depends on where you live. Generally, with a history degree (in most places) you can work in museums, write books etc.

Yes, your job opportunities are in fact going to be limited but that shouldn't stop you from doing what you love.

Choose the major that makes you happy and everything will turn out great.

Teaching in schools by the way, is a beautiful job! You meet kids, watch them learn, grow and do great things in their life and that's a wonderful thing. You literally have the future in your hands. You can change lives and even though it's one of the hardest jobs in the world and it can be extremely exhausting and frustrating, it's so worth it.

I'd say just go with your gut. Do what feels right to you. Do what you love the most.

Good luck! :)

• Nicey8

There are highly limited job opportunities for history majors. So you are taking a huge risk.

Being a teacher is good, and you work with kids and teenagers, you become a mentor and guide to them. It is rewarding but frustrating and draining, with long hours and marking.

Teachers impact the next generation and eternity.

However, if you do not become a teacher with a  history degree, then job searching is gonna be very tough.

All the best.

i think it is a good major