Is it OK to be friends with your ex while married? ?

All I want is to send a text asking if person OK after his mother passed away. But I feel like I am cheating on my husband. Should I not communicate? 

I wouldn't do it in my opinion

As long as he isn't the person you say you keep thinking about and "want", and your husband is secure in your relationship, it should be fine. But don't give the ex false hopes: he will be in an emotional state and may not be thinking very clearly about you. 

i dont think thats a good idea

Honestly I’m separated from my husband going on 2 years now 

I’m friends with all my exes in a friendship kind of way I say as long as it’s communication based nothing serious just platonic you shouldn’t feel bad for talking to someone to talk to that knows you really well if you need additional support 

I mean if it feels wrong you shouldn't do it that's number one and also does your husband know about it? and does his wife/gf know that you will be messaging him? If the answers to these questions are no then i would leave well enough alone if i were you.

sure, as long as her husband doesn't care

yes as you describe 

I would not want to be with a women who is visceral to her ex,,, I will be next

your stories overlap too much 

• zipper

Ask hubby if he minds, if not do it: If he does do not do it!

• Jesere

Yes, I have a great friendship with my Ex husband, I send him a birthday card every, we text and my husband knows this. He thinks it's nice we can be friends.

All you want to do is send a text to your ex to see if he is okay? You better pass on that.