Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 8 months ago

Now I know nobody regrets their kids, but are they worth it, and are they expensive? ?

I'm a 27 year old man and I'm just not sure if I'm ready for a kid.

Sorry, but I know plenty of people who regret their children and wish they'd never had kids.  If you truly want them and understand what you're getting into, you're more likely to be happy.  If you're ambivalent or don't understand all of the implications of parenting, you're more likely to be unhappy.

Have a couple, and then if they are too expensive sell them off for medical experiments. You'll likely  make a tidy profit.

Having children is not worth it. Our world is dying and the children we bring into the world at this point will only suffer. They also are really bad for the environment: "having one fewer child per family can save “an average of 58.6 tonnes of CO2-equivalent emissions per year”." That being said, children are wonderful beings... it just doesn't make sense in today's climate. 

• ron h

I've known people who've had children die before they were 8  an others who OD'd in late teens / early 20's.  I have no words to explain their grief.  So, I dunno.  A thing that I've seen is people who's childhood was "imperfect" fear that because they never saw how good, strong families work, they fear they can't do it right.

You are not ready. Clearly. If you don’t want kids...don’t ever get married. Marriage is an agreement between a man and a woman to start a family and raise children.

I'm going to try and be as loving as possible here. If you are selfish and you don't see that changing; don't have children. You are also only 27; you have a bit more time. I was 30 and 31 when I had my kids. Don't rush it either. 

Expensive? It depends on how you want them to live life. Do you want them to live simplistically or do you want them to be spoiled, bratty and ungrateful? I grew up in the 80's-90's; we didn't have all the "stuff" kids have today. My parents didn't pay for my car insurance, my first car and they gave me half of what it cost to go to Ohio State. I'm telling you what; my siblings and I are happier than most of the kids out there and we live life simplistically. 

Kids are worth it. It's a brave adventure to go on. It takes courage and a lot of love but there's nothing like it in the world. 

• Dr. D

When you get old you will wonder what lasting  legacy you had in life. Your greatest accomplishment will not be your job, or your education, or your travels, or your hobbies. You will look at how your children have grown and realize that they were your real legacy. They were the things you invested time and money, and love, and they were the things that made your life meaningful. 

They're expensive but worth it however if you're not ready don't have kids

Post in the correct category this is not it!

Kids are really just expensive pets until they get out and (hopefully) get jobs