Why would a woman move in with a man who has no intention of marrying her?

63 Answers

Relevance
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

She thinks she will change his mind if she is with him all the time.  WHY SHOULD HE? HE HAS THE COW FOR FREE! And her milk!

• 8 months ago

to live with him

• 8 months ago

Any port in a storm

• Mystic
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Easy access to sex, possible free room and board (depending on the arrangement they agreed upon), rushing things, holding out hope maybe one day he'll change and choose to finally marry her. She could also share his mindset about not getting married. She may be perfectly connect just being a couple without marriage. It isn't overly common, but there are people who do choose to go that path. They are committed and together, but they just never marry. There are a number of possible reasons for something like this really.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

For the sex? For some companionship? 

• When I was a teenager, all my friends thought you "had to" live together before you got married so you see how compatible you are . Basically, women perceive "living together" as a step toward marriage, and men perceive it as an alternative to marriage . One answer to your question is she might want to get married, and her boyfriend is satisfied with living together , If a woman is thinking "Were going to get married !" and her boyfriend is thinking "We're living together, so we don't have to get married !", that's not fair to her . It's possible that both parties want to get married when they move in together, but one person might change his ( or her ) mind and decide to stay at the "living together" stage . Whenever I see a post on Facebook on the subject of living together, I leave a comment that says "When you live with a romantic partner, that person will come out with all the excuses about why you can't get married ." .

• Prince
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Either she got a large cash settlement or she be a fool. 

• 8 months ago

She probably needs a place to stay or she's going to lay the sex on him and see if she can get him hooked on it. Sometimes that works quite well.

• drip
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

As long as both parties have talked before hand. 

My friend has been living with her partner for 15 years. They have no intention of getting married. Neither of them wants it.

Not everyone wants to marry. Not everyone wants or needs a long term relationship. 

• 8 months ago

Relationships are about change and growth. So whenever things get stale it is because they haven't changed in a while. So she sees that moving in is another way to pump blood into the relationship and she will feel amazing again. Then after moving in with the guy maybe a year or 2 she will then feel stale unless something changes. And what she might do is having their kid. Keep in mind she also thinks overtime she can widdle him down by having him feel more attached to her and eventually she thinks he will ask to marry her. It's not the craziest thing in the world that it can work, but that's the mindset.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.