Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

I'm 3000 in debt making me worried and depressed?

It was stupid of me to do! But I suffer mental health issues and when I was on a high I was spending a lot

Now I'm a lot better and am slowly paying it off

But it depresses me as now I'm having to be careful

Also I'm worried my financial situation will change and I won't be able to pay it back

It depresses me, what can I do? 

Favorite Answer

Listen, I get it. I've been where you are.

Heck I hate to admit it, but I'm actually MORE in debt than you are with all of my student loans probably 3x more.

But I don't create over it, because it really is a choice. You have to accept what is and work towards changing it the way you want.

The stress you create now about your financial situations prevents you from properly handling it right.

You can either may off your debt in peace or pay off your debt while in stress. It's a CHOICE. Choose peace. Your not the only one in debt. Many people are. We all make mistakes including financial ones. Don't beat yourself over it. Accept what is and work towards changing it the way you want it to be in peace. \

Know you are not defined by your financial situation.

I can only offer you advice. The decision is ultimately yours. I hope you make the right decision for yourself.

Wishing you nothing but love, peace and happiness.

• squidy

You will be able to pay it back. You're already doing the right thing, it just takes time. Maybe you should make a schedule or something so you can see when you'll be paid off by. Then you'll know how long it will take, so you don't have to feel stressed trying to reach your goal, you can just follow your plan.

My mom is 52k in debt. Don't worry.

Instead of focusing on the big problem--try celebrating the steps you are taking to reach your goal.  Its like those hoarders--their houses become dumps because they can't handle the small things--they just keep looking at the big huge problem and freaking out--getting depressed and giving up...they go into denial that there even is a problem.

you, on the other hand, are attacking the problem--little by little--and you WILL get there as long as you don't give up.  throw yourself a little party for moving towards your goals--don't stress about the end game-it will happen.

how do you eat an elephant? one bite at a time!

• Marc

HA! Amateur. Im 180k in debt. Come talk to me when you clear 100k. I wish I was only 3k in debt. Shut up you moron. Pay it back

• Marc
      3 weeks agoReport

Oh? Where does it say that doctors are not allowed to insult people?  Im quite sure your own doctor has some choice words about you as well.  You just can't admit that you are wrong. And FYI, doctors make up the bulk of student debt. Again, you are an ignorant person. Low IQ! I detest stupidity!

Well i found the best way is a balance transfer and a 2 year offer if you can get it but you pay a one time fee of $150 but over 24 months it is worth the 6 of 7 dollars a month that time frame and you can live life better and up cried score and discover or citi card does this.

That's adulthood.  Worry over finances.  Sorry it happened, but let me make you feel better, inthat I am currently $6000 in debt and no way to pay it off quickly.  If nothing else, debt that you CAN pay off is a lesson for financial stability later in life.  Good luck to you!