Susan asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

If I commit suicide will I go to hell?

I have schizoaffective disorder and borderline personality disorder. All my life I’ve been raped, abused, mentally abused and bullied. I even have a plan

• GB

It sounds like you are in Hell now.

Nobody knows /susan...........................

Yes its a sin a major sin

bible :1 Corinthians 6:19-20 19Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies. 

1 Corinthians 3:16-17 16Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in your midst? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy that person; for God's temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.

jesus suffered too but he didnt commit suicide this is just a test please stop with this feelings just live and continue god tests us with bad or with good things but we have to continue

The holy Quran: Suicide out of despair of God’s mercy or worldly problems is strictly forbidden.  Prophet Muhammad, may God praise him, said: Whoever kills himself with something in this world will be punished with it on the Day of Resurrection.[1]  It is a major sin and its punishment is subject to the will of God.  If He wills, He will forgive it, and if He wills He will punish for it.

And do not kill yourselves.  Surely, God is Most Merciful to you.” (Quran 4:29) 

“And do not throw yourselves in destruction.” (Quran 2:195)

this is the best one take a look : 

“And whoever oppresses (commits injustice) among you, We will make him taste a great punishment.” (Quran 25:19)

The religion of Islam is primarily concerned with making and keeping a connection with the One God.  One of the biggest mistakes that people can make is to separate their worldly life from their religious life.  The stressful situations that cause us to despair and feel unconnected to God always originate in the affairs of this world, such as emotional issues, financial stress, substance abuse or health issues.  Especially in this new century one of the most common reasons for despair is a sense of isolation or detachment from others.   

God has promised us that He is well aware of the situations that we face and He has given us weapons with which to face them.  In a series of articles on this site we discuss the weapons of patience, gratitude and trust.[4]  However when it comes to despair, the condition that could in some situations lead a person to contemplate taking his or her own life, we need to dig a little deeper, we need to remind ourselves first and foremost that God is Merciful and that no matter what situation we find ourselves in He is ready to forgive and help. 

God the most merciful, compassionate, and beneficent has instructed us to inculcate these attributes and treat each other with respect and fairness.  This includes not leaving anyone alone with their problems and worries.  A little bit of support and care might help someone avoid the sin of ending their own life.  God also tells us not to mock, scorn, insult, abuse or put down one another.  

You cannot die in hell, you cannot be forgiven, you cannot have a chance, you cannot kill your self in hell, you cannot escape. Just live your life just the way it is we all day once, things happen and its just hard but just continue.

your life is bad in this world but what about hell? even worst but you have to live in hell forever.... but in our life? we die once, but in hell you will never die the punishment is undescribed.. just please dont take ur own life, listen to me and to those words. 

If you're suffering horrifically, can't take it anymore and decide to "end your pain" that way then no you will not go to hell. (FACT)

• Anonymous holds this as "FACT" - why not ask someone who is clergy instead what their opinion is?  Be sure to find someone who is your religion/denomination. 

If you commit suicide you are technically breaking the 5th commandment, thou shalt not kill, and you are being selfish by making others that love you sad/upset. Don't commit suicide, it is the wrong way to go and there is always hope.

• 4 weeks agoReport

Breaking just ONE commandment alone is not enough to send you to hell. 

• Doctor

Heaven and hell are states of mind and not ant geographical locations.

Change of surroundings, moving to a new place, walking in the woods and living a need based life! Don’t attend to desires! 

You will find a way! 

I have paranoid schizophrenia and all it takes is two small pills to treat it. I hope that your conditions are treatable too. I know what mental rape is having undergone it a lot in the past. Concerning being bullied I would suggest joining a self-defence class.

If you really want to commit suicide, just do it. As hard as it sounds.

And whoever says, that you're not alone: YOU are. 

I know it, people want to feel better for themselves.

I feel you, I haven't been raped or abused etc but I am also playing with the thought to take my own life. 

"Try to fight and eventually the struggle will end" Bullshit.

These things will follow you forever. But it is not brave to take his own life.

Only cowards do it, as harsh as it sounds. 

Stand up and fight them all

Hi, I'm in the same boat as you. I have been raped, mentally,  physically, emotionally spiritually and religiously abused and bullied by my family my whole life. I'm 61. My father sexually molested me from 13 until I was finally able to leave his home at 18. But that didn't stop them. They then continued to hire men to rape me. (it was two but they tried to get others to as well.) But one child was born from this. They turned her against me too. They are god-fearing Christians. (this is how most Christians are.it's a fact most child molesters are Christian. Don't believe me look it up)I was even tricked by them into marrying the man I'm still with today.

My therapist says my mother was narcissists. I think you may have a narcissist in your life. They will suck the life right out of you. Many are Christian people. ( not all some Christians are well-meaning folks who have been led astray) It tends to run in those who feel incredibly entitled like most Christians do.

However, they are not. They worship the actual SUN. Jesus is the SUN traveling through the 12 houses of the zodiac. Represented by the 12 apostles. There is no hell. Hell means to bury. That's it. You won't go there but why not stay and just try to enjoy the rest of your life by getting away from those who are obviously abusing you. I finally cut all ties with those abusing me and I am doing much better today. It's been 3 months. ( I don't believe in heaven or hell.) I gladly and joyfully worship the SUN at the beach or while fishing!! Please look up Jordon Maxwell and astrotheology he will help you the same way he helped me. Good Luck

It's hard being schizoaffective and borderline, but it's also amazing. You're a rare individual who thinks in interesting ways. Your terrible experiences have given you special gifts, perhaps to help others as a peer counselor, a volunteer, a friend, a mental health advocate, an artist, etc. Go to therapy, work with doctors, and if you're really is suicidal go to the ER. As far as hell goes, that depends on your belief system. If you believe in hell, then you should also believe that God has put you on this Earth for a reason. I know there are many people who care for you, but you might have trouble believing that in your schizoaffective state. Those of us who work with and try to help people like you love you even when we screw up.