mitza asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

Will carpet cleaner fumes harm my cat? ?

My boyfriend and I just moved into a new apartment today, and we just got our cat neutered today as well. The carpet wasn’t supposed to be cleaned the day we arrived, but it was. 

The place isn’t that well ventilated and I heard that we’re supposed to keep him comfy in an isolated room. 

I’m just so worried. Will he be ok? I feel powerless here, I don’t know what to do. I got light headed and kinda sick from being here with him for hours, and I’m really concerned that he could be feeling worse. 

He’s just been sleeping so far, which I heard is normal 

• Laura

He should go in the bathroom, and have the fan on to keep the room ventilated.  In the bathroom there isn't any carpet either so there will be less fumes, and the room is smaller so he is less likely to run around and hurt his surgery site.

• Athena

Most carpet cleaners use steam and not harsh chemicals but it is best to ask the company.

• mokrie

Neither of you should stay there. You should go to a friends or a motel for one night.

hate to say this but keep the cat off the floor, floor cleaners (both carpet and hard) can be absorbed thru their paws,

Source(s): Ex-vet-tech.