Anonymous asked in HealthHealth & Well-BeingOther - General Health Care · 8 months ago

Accidentally drank bottled water that's possibly 4 weeks old? ?

Hello, so I've just took a mouthful from a water bottle that has very old water in it (not old enough to cause any greening issues but I can guess it's at least 4 weeks old) which I use to water my plants. It was a big mouthful but I haven't drunk anymore and a mistake I made because I put my fresh water right next to it and was half asleep.

Can I get ill from drinking a mouthful of water that's possibly a month old from a water bottle? I've heard stories of it making people very sick and I have emetophobia so the worry is there

Another worry is it's right next to my space heater that I've had on many times in the time that water has been in the bottle and there is condensation on the top of it too,

It is the original Evian water that's still in the bottle so it isn't tap water 


Also I understand how entitled this question sounds since there are people in this world that don't have the luxury to have fresh water but unfortunately I just have bad health anxiety. 

4 Answers

  • 8 months ago

    If you've never taken a drink directly from that bottle before, then there isn't much chance that bacteria is going to be growing under the lid. If you did do that a month ago, and drank from the bottle, there's probably a very very slim chance you swallowed some bacteria, but i doubt you're going to become deathly ill.

    Best bet is to see a doctor if you get sick, but i doubt you will

  • kelvin
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

    nope it makes you a troll as we all know that all bottled water is is water from a tap

  • 8 months ago

    I would schedule an appointment to see your family doctor today if possible.  When they ask what brings you in today show them what you have written here.  Ask them for a complete physical and neurological workup.  If you have any water left in the bottle be sure to bring it with you so they can send the water out for analysis.  Be sure to ask your doctor for a referral to a mental health professional.  Show them what you have written here.  They can take that into consideration while they evaluate your current mental state and create a treatment plan to help with your bad health anxiety and emetophobia.

  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

    Do you really think this bottled water is fresh? It was bottled a year or more ago, not from a running mountain stream but a factory. It has been in plastic bottles for many months. It won't make any difference to your health in any way.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.