Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 4 weeks ago

How to survive off 35k salary?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Try living on an 18K salary, I do !!!

• Ray
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Location location. Rent or buy something you can afford. Also, cut unnecessary expenses like cable. I have internet at home, online i can watch any movie or show i wish. Connect laptop to your tv set and you are good. 

Cook more, eat out less. 

• 4 weeks ago

I do OK on that. You do what you gotta do and make sacrifices to stay in your budget,

• Todd
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Cost of living does depend on location, but a person should be able to live quite nicely on that income if they're smart.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Choose an affordable place to live.  35K in the San Francisco Bay Area would leave you starving, but in Lajitas, Texas you could live like a millionaire on 35K.

• 4 weeks ago

Use a budget and stick to it. That is what my wife and I did when we first got married and had very little. It requires discipline but it can be done. Use coupons and sales to keep food costs down. Pack your lunch. Stay away from movies, go for basic cable, watch REDBOX DVD's

• 4 weeks ago

Dude, you can survive on $20k a year or less if you're frugal.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Spend wisely, and look for additional legal sources of revenue if necessary and possible.

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Try being a pensioner.

• Goerge
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Quite comfortably depending where you live. If you live in California you can get a 3 year old, 1 person pup tent on the homeless mile for $28,950 + tax.

• ...Show all comments
    • Ray
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

Large government regulation [a lot of taxes] has made it extremely expensive to have a property in California, which has led to a hike in property prices, thus a hike in homelessness. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.