Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 4 weeks ago

How to survive off 35k salary?

• Try living on an 18K salary, I do !!!

• Ray

Location location. Rent or buy something you can afford. Also, cut unnecessary expenses like cable. I have internet at home, online i can watch any movie or show i wish. Connect laptop to your tv set and you are good. 

Cook more, eat out less. 

I do OK on that. You do what you gotta do and make sacrifices to stay in your budget,

• Todd

Cost of living does depend on location, but a person should be able to live quite nicely on that income if they're smart.

Choose an affordable place to live.  35K in the San Francisco Bay Area would leave you starving, but in Lajitas, Texas you could live like a millionaire on 35K.

Use a budget and stick to it. That is what my wife and I did when we first got married and had very little. It requires discipline but it can be done. Use coupons and sales to keep food costs down. Pack your lunch. Stay away from movies, go for basic cable, watch REDBOX DVD's

Dude, you can survive on $20k a year or less if you're frugal.

Spend wisely, and look for additional legal sources of revenue if necessary and possible.

• Lôn

Try being a pensioner.

• Goerge

Quite comfortably depending where you live. If you live in California you can get a 3 year old, 1 person pup tent on the homeless mile for $28,950 + tax.

• Ray
      4 weeks agoReport

Large government regulation [a lot of taxes] has made it extremely expensive to have a property in California, which has led to a hike in property prices, thus a hike in homelessness.