Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 8 months ago

did you know that the reason on why we dont see aliens is because of super A.I? its because of THE GREAT FILTER?

the universe is to big  jeffdanielk.

You sound very sure of that.

• Clive

Did you know you're a complete idiot?

What's wrong with the simpler explanation: they don't exist? Or if that prospect terrifies you, what about the other simple explanation: the nearest ones are so far away that detection, travel and communication is impossible.

I see no value in fanciful, contrived explanations when a simpler explanation works perfectly well.

I don't think it has to do with A.I. I think that if any aliens existed it would be from different parts of the solar system. We are the advanced ones. Those aliens are just like driftwood or garbage. Their is not much they could do to us anyway even if they were advanced because of how the condition of space is.

If so, why don't the AI beings explore the Galaxy and come to Earth?

Did you take your meds this morning?

i know that's one explanation that's been proposed.  among many. 

not really the most plausible one either, i don't think.  not by a long shot

i don't really have as much of a problem with "great filter" type arguments, like some people do, because i don't entirely buy the proposition that you can't realistically expect common outcomes from a large number of possible occurrences.  of aliens. 

but as far as that super ai stuff is concerned, 1) nobody knows what such a supposed technology would really be like, and 2) there's a whole lot of other ways civilizations can get filtered out, that i think would a lot more likely to kick in, well before any ai tech got going to the extent necessary for that supposed robot apocalypse to ever happen

this isaac arthur character on youtube has talked at *great* length on this subject, over several of his videos.  very interesting guy, but damn he's wordy